Change the country or region of your Apple ID
Before updating your site, you must spend your store credit, cancel your subscriptions, and get a payment method for your new country or region.
What to do before changing your country or region
Use your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to change your region
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap your name, then tap Media & Purchases.
- Click View Account. You may be asked to sign in.
- Click on the country/region.
- Click on Change Country or Region.
- Tap on your new country or region, then review the terms and conditions.
- Tap Agree in the top-right corner, then tap Agree again to confirm.
- Select a payment method, enter your new payment information and billing address, then click Next. You must enter a payment method that is valid for your new country or region. * Learn more about how to change or remove your Apple ID payment information.
Use your computer to change your region
- Open the Music app or iTunes.
- In the menu bar at the top of the screen or at the top of the iTunes window, click Account, then click View My Account.
- Sign in with your Apple ID.
- On the Account Information page, click Change country or region.
- Select your new country or region.
- Review the terms and conditions, then click Agree. Click Agree again to confirm.
- Enter your new payment information* and billing address, then click Continue.
Change your region online
- Sign in to your Apple ID account page.
- Scroll to the Account section, then tap Edit.
- From the country/region list, select your new country or region.
- Follow the instructions that appear on the screen. You must enter a payment method that is valid for your new country or region. *
If you can’t change your country or region
* If you don’t want to enter a payment method, wait until you actually arrive in your new country or region, then create a new Apple ID.
Information about products not made by Apple, or independent websites not controlled or tested by Apple, is provided without recommendation or endorsement. Apple assumes no responsibility with respect to the selection, performance, or use of third-party sites or products. Apple makes no representations as to the accuracy or reliability of third party websites. Contact the seller for additional information.
Publication date: October 01, 2021