How to Add a VPN Extension in Chrome (Step by Step Guide)
Before you learn how to add a VPN extension in Chrome, make sure you sign up with a quality VPN provider that has such an add-on available. Check out our list of the best VPNs for Chrome if you’re not sure where to start.
How to Add a VPN Extension in Chrome (Quick Setup)
1. Head to the VPN provider’s website for the download link for their browser extension. We recommend that you do not search for any browser add-ons directly in the Chrome Web Store. why? Well, malware-infected extensions that mimic the real thing may show up in searches instead.
In our example guide, we’ll be using the ExpressVPN extension for Chrome. It features WebRTC blocking to prevent leaks and integrates HTTPS Everywhere to prevent insecure HTTP connections that could leave your data vulnerable to eavesdropping.
The safest way to download the extension.
Remember, you can always browse for more recommended Chrome VPN extensions.
2. Once you are in the Chrome Web Store, simply click on “add to chrome“.
3. Chrome will ask if you want to install the extension. See what the extension can do (just to be safe), then click “add attachment“.
Read the list of permissions!
If the installation is successful, the “Add to Chrome” button will be changed to “remove from chrome. “However, we are not finished yet.
4. Click on accessories button In the upper-right corner of Chrome (it looks like a puzzle piece). then select ExpressVPN From the extensions menu that pops up.
Click ExpressVPN from your list of extensions.
Click the Pin icon To always have the ExpressVPN icon at hand in the top-right corner. This is useful if you want to modify any settings or if you want to remove the extension later.
5. click skips in the small pop-up window. Then click OK or No thanks, depending on whether or not you want to send the diagnosis back to ExpressVPN.
6. If you have already installed ExpressVPN on your system and are logged in, the extension should get your login details instantly from the app and should be ready to use.
Other Chrome VPN extensions (such as NordVPN) require you to sign in beforehand. Click “Sign in with [Your VPN Provider]and enter your login details before continuing.
Enter your login details here.
How to use your VPN browser extension
Select your preferred location fromspecified locationDrop down menu, then click Giant power button (above “offline”) to connect.
And that’s all there is to it. You can now safely browse and unblock online content while using Chrome. Of course, we always recommend using the full app when possible, especially while using public Wi-Fi. Otherwise, you risk having your data collected by hackers or greedy ISPs looking to profit from your browsing habits.
Having trouble installing a VPN extension in Chrome? If updating the system and browser did not fix the problem, let us know which provider you are using in the comments. We will be happy to help with this process.