59 Classic Dishes to Add to Your Christmas Dinner Menu
– 1.Smoked Salmon Crostini.
– 2.Spinach and Artichoke Dip.
– 3.Duck Liver Pâté.
– 4.Stuffed Dates with Bacon.
– 5.Cheese Ball with Pecans.
– 6.Cranberry Brie Bites.
– 7.Prime Rib Roast.
– 8.Roasted Rack of Lamb.
– 9.Goose Roast.
– 10.Southern Pot Roast.
A Traditional Christmas Dinner Menu. Bacon Wrapped Dates. Credit: Allrecipes. View Recipe. When a three-ingredient appetizer is requested year after year, you know you have a Christmas … Baked Stuffed Brie with Cranberries & Walnuts. Swedish.
Each traditional Christmas dinner menu features a main course—including ham, turkey, beef, and vegetarian options—paired with two or three side dishes, desserts, or drinks to jump-start your Christmas or Christmas Eve dinner menu planning. No matter which you choose, guests are sure to love one of these delectable Christmas dinner menu ideas.
Sage-Crusted Leg of Lamb with Pineapple-Pecan Salsa. Credit: Oxmoor House. Bring out your best traditional Christmas dinner menu when you host the big holiday meal. From beef tenderloin to traditional ham, check out our favorite menus for Christmas dinner and use this collection to inspire your next holiday meal.
52 Classic Dishes to Add to Your Christmas Dinner Menu
Our classic recipe for New England-style pot roast with root vegetables makes a great Christmas dinner. Cooked in the crockpot for 7 to 9 hours, the roast tenderizes to perfection, while veggies, herbs, and seasoning flavor the meat. Prep in the morning and have it ready for dinner time without standing over the stove for hours.
Dishes like Roast Pork, Glazed Ham, Roast Angus Beef, Steak pie, Roast Leg of Lamb are also served at the Christmas dining table. For dessert, the most traditional is the Christmas pudding, usually served with brandy sauce cream.
When we think of the traditional Christmas feast, mostly we think of three main dishes: Turkey, prime rib, and ham. As the star of the show, each main dish requires a supporting cast that complements their particular flavor profile.
Easy Christmas dinner menu: soul food desserts. The same classic Southern soul food desserts – with a new contemporary twist! From Black folks banana pudding and Instant Pot banana pudding made from scratch. Strawberry pretzel salad – also known as strawberry pretzel pie.. Here’s a list of Black folks’ easy Christmas dinner menu favorite desserts.
This Is What’s On A Traditional English Christmas Dinner
Christmas pudding (plum, a cross between a cake and a pudding) Trifle (sponge cake and custard) with brandy butter Mince pies (pastries filled with raisin, sultana, or cranberry as well as nuts.
Traditional foods such as turkey, stuffing and roast potatoes are served at Christmas. The family would dine on “turkey, different stuffings – sage and onion, chestnut – and the traditional.
- of 20 Chef John’s Honey-Glazed Ham. .
- of 20 Mom’s Scalloped Potatoes. .
- of 20 Best Green Bean Casserole. .
Roasted turkey, stuffing, spiral ham, mashed potatoes, and green bean casserole: that’s a traditional Christmas dinner, right? Wrong! In Hawaii, we have our own version of Christmas dinner, and it’s called the Christmas luau !.
What Is A Traditional English Christmas Dinner Menu?
Serve a traditional Christmas dinner menu filled with classic dishes, including smoked salmon starters, roast turkey with all the trimmings and Christmas pudding. What do they do for Christmas dinner in England? A classic British Christmas dinner is the highlight of the year. Every Christmas celebration features a few standards: Crackers filled.
What is a traditional Christmas dinner menu? Traditional Christmas dinner features turkey with stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, and vegetables such as carrots, turnip, parsnips, etc. Other types of poultry, roast beef, or ham are also used.
- Cranberry Cocktail Meatballs. These cranberry cocktail meatballs make a fabulous appetizer at .
- Marsala Stuffed Mushrooms. Marsala stuffed mushrooms are a delicious, savory appetizer that is .
- Deep-Fried Camembert With Cranberry Sauce. Christmas and cranberries go together like Santa and .
- Christmas Goose. Dine on the same meal that Scrooge and the Cratchit family enjoyed in the .
- Honey Glazed Ham. For your Christmas dinner, this mouthwatering recipe for honey glazed ham is .
- Toffee Eggnog. Eggnog is a Christmas holiday essential. The sweet taste of toffee is the perfect .
- Easy Rum Eggnog. Sometimes, you just want a classic. Unlike the recipe above, this rum eggnog .
- Herb-Roasted Turkey. The scent of turkey roasting in the oven is a lovely and traditional way to .
- Easy Classic Beef Wellington. Make it an extra-elegant celebration when you serve easy classic beef .
- Perfect Pheasant. Pheasant is a game bird that’s traditionally enjoyed at Christmas time. Fancy to .
Serve a traditional Christmas dinner menu filled with classic dishes, including smoked salmon starters, roast turkey with all the trimmings and Christmas pudding. We’re all for breaking with convention and trying something new on special occasions, but sometimes only classic dishes will do on Christmas Day.
Deep South Dish: Southern Christmas Dinner Menu and Recipe
In my extended Southern family, Christmas dinner is always a near duplicate of our Thanksgiving dinner with the addition of seafood dishes, but even in the South, recipes for a Christmas menu can range from the familiar turkey and dressing, to large cuts of prime beef and crown roasts, leg of lamb, dishes centered around at least seven fish recipes and even meals centered around BBQ fare.
- Turkey. This one is probably one of the most popular dishes at Christmas because it is usually the .
- Roast Potatoes. There is nothing like scoop of properly roasted potatoes! These are often cut into .
- Stuffing. Stuffing is another dish that can vary from region to region. Interestingly, in North America, .
- Pigs in Blankets. Pigs in blankets are another quintessentially British part of Christmas dinner! .
- Yorkshire Pudding. Yorkshire pudding originates from England, and is made from a batter that .
- Gravy. Gravy is actually a type of sauce that comes from the drippings of the turkey when it is .
- Cranberry Sauce. Cranberry sauce is another type of sauce that is made from, yes: cranberries! .
- Brussel Sprouts. This polarizing vegetable is a key part of a traditional British Christmas dinner. .
- Christmas Pudding. Christmas pudding is a dessert that is made from dried fruit and is normally .
- Mince Pies. Mince pies are tiny pies that are filled with fruits such as raisins, cranberries, and .
- Classic Christmas menu. Keep things traditional with our classic Christmas menu, including pâté or …
- Vegetarian Christmas menu. Who needs meat when you have a spectacular array of festive veggie …
- Vegan Christmas menu. Following a vegan diet doesn’t mean restricting your Christmas menu. …
- Easiest ever Christmas dinner. Take away the stress of preparing festive meals with our simple yet …
- Last-minute Christmas dinner. Don’t have much time to spend prepping the Christmas dinner? This …
- Healthy Christmas menu. Christmas doesn’t have to be an excessively indulgent affair. If you’re …
- Gluten-free Christmas menu. Cook a delicious gluten-free Christmas lunch for family and friends. …
- Quick Christmas menu. Spend less time toiling in the kitchen and more time with your family and …
- Two-hour Christmas dinner menu. If time is very tight on Christmas Day or you’ve been given the …
- Christmas menu for a crowd. If you’re entertaining a crowd of eight people or more, fear not: we …
Incorporate butternut squash or pumpkin in this creamy soup that makes for a hearty starter for your traditional Christmas dinner. To cut down on day-of stress, prepare it up to two days in advance, reheat just before dinner, and add the finishing touch: a dollop of cream. Related: 37 Holiday Soup Recipes to Start Your Feast Off in Delicious Style.
Traditional Christmas Dinner Menu Recipes
For a failsafe, perfect meal be sure to follow Dominic Chapman’s recipe for every aspect of the Christmas dinner main. Of course, there are other meats which fit the traditionalist category. A whole roast ham is just as tasty as any bird, and a few thick slices of Josh Eggleton’s honey mustard-glazed beauty will be the talk of the table.
Typical Italian Christmas Dinner Menu Formal Italian dinners usually have several courses starting with antipasti , pasta ( primi ), meat ( secondi ), salad,.
“Gourmet’s Menus, Christmas Dinner: Warm Shrimp and Scallop Salad with Roasted Red Pepper Vinaigrette, Roast Goose with Sausage, Fennel, and Currant Stuffing and Wild Mushroom Port Gravy, Sauteed Potatoes and Celery Root, Brussels Sprouts and Carrots with Shallot Butter, Black Forest Cake, Eggnog Ice Cream.”.