Christmas Markets in Europe to visit in 2020
– Prague Christmas markets. The main markets in Prague are at the Old Town Square and Wenceslas Square but there are also smallest markets all around the city.
– Budapest Christmas Markets. Considered unmissable, the Budapest Christmas Markets call for people from all over Europe and also the US.
– Stockholm Christmas markets. The Old Town’s Christmas market is a must but there are Christmas markets all over Stockholm which, during this time of the year, it becomes even more …
– Copenhagen Christmas markets. Copenhagen is well known because it’s expensive and this doesn’t change during the Christmas markets which are huge and attractive.
– Wien Christmas Markets. From the middle of November until the new year, in Wien, every single square becomes the location of a Christmas Market with ice rings, good food, mulled …
Best Christmas Markets in Europe. 1. Basel. Switzerland Copyright: Andreas Gerth / Basel.com. 2. Budapest. 3. Poznan. 4. Vienna. 5. Brussels..
Visit Santa – yes, Santa is in Bremen for the 4 weeks before Christmas – or watch some short shows to have the best experience. In 2020 the dates are 23rd.
- Basel, Switzerland. It’s official, Basel is not only the best Christmas market in Switzerland, it’s also .
- Budapest, Hungary. The Advent Basilica, winner of the Best Christmas Market in Europe award of .
- Poznan, Poland. This is your favourite Christmas market in Poland as well as your best.
10 Festive Christmas Markets in Europe To Visit
The holiday season is one of the best times to go to Europe with the festive spirit in full swing and the cold weather just mild enough to walk around.
5 Alternative Christmas Markets. Christmas Markets in Germany. The best Christmas markets in Europe are definitely to be found in Germany. This is where you’ll find the deep, … Christmas Markets in Austria. Christmas Markets in Belgium. Christmas Markets in.
- Christmas Markets, Prague. Location: Old Town and Wenceslas Square. Why we love it: Just five …
- Tallinn Christmas Market, Estonia. Location: Town Hall Square. Why we love it: In addition to …
- Cologne Christmas Market, Germany. Location: Cologne Cathedral. Why we love it: This market has …
- Tuomaan Markkinat, Helsinki. Location: Senate Square. Why we love it: This market scores major …
- Edinburgh’s Christmas, Scotland. Location: East Princes Street Gardens. Why we love it: Adjacent to …
- Magic Christmas in Colmar, France. Location(s): Place des Dominicains, Place Jeanne d’Arc, Place …
- Trento Christmas Market, Italy. Location: Piazza Fiera and Piazza Cesare Battisti. Why we love it: …
- Brussels Winter Wonders, Belgium. Location: Grand-Place. Why we love it: Every December, the …
- Advent Feast at the Basilica, Budapest, Hungary. Location: St. Stephen’s Square. Why we love it: St. …
- Wrocław Christmas Market, Poland. Location(s): Market Square and Plac Solny. Why we love it: …
- Aachen Christmas Market, Germany. Markt, 52062 Aachen, Germany. Price: Free Time spent: 1.5-2 .
- Berlin Christmas Market, Germany. Gendarmenmarkt, 10117 Berlin, Germany. Price: Free Time .
- Bolzano Christmas Market, Italy. Piazza Walther, 39100 Bolzano BZ, Italy. Price: Free Time spent: 1 .
- Budapest Christmas Fair and Winter Festival, Hungary. Budapest, Vörösmarty tér, 1051 Hungary. .
- Colmar Christmas Market, France. Place de l’Ancienne Douane, 68000 Colmar, France. Price: Free .
- Heinzel’s Winter Tale, Cologne, Germany. Heumarkt 55, 50667 Köln, Germany. Price: Free Time .
- Edinburgh’s Christmas, Scotland. Princes St, Edinburgh EH2 2HG, United Kingdom. Price: Free Time .
- Krakow Christmas Market, Poland. Rynek Główny, 31-422 Kraków, Poland. Price: Free Time spent: .
- Nuremberg Christmas Market, Germany. 90403 Nuremberg, Germany. Price: Free Time spent: 1.5-2 .
- Strasbourg Christmas Market, France. 67000 Strasbourg, France. Price: Free Time spent: 2-2.5 .
The Best Christmas Markets in Europe for 2021
The Best Christmas Markets in Europe with Kids. Tallinn Christmas Market, Estonia. Contributed by Oksana & Max of Drink Tea & Travel. Location: Town Hall Square. Dates Open: November 15, 2020 to … Vienna Christmas World, Austria. Salzburg Christmas Market, Austria. Christmas Market Graz.
Some of the best countries in Europe to visit during December are Germany for its Christmas markets, Norway for the chance to enjoy watching Northern Lights, Finland to have a great time at Santa Claus Village and France for its gorgeous Christmas decorations.
The German state of Saxony (AKA Sachsen in German) is home to some of the oldest and most respected Christmas markets in the country, including the Striezelmarkt in Dresden. Unfortunately, pretty much all markets in the state were cancelled in 2020.
The Most beautiful European Christmas Markets. The European Best Destinations (EBD) organization has announced the 20 Best Christmas Markets in Europe for 2020 as a result of 289,714 votes from 116 countries. What are the most beautiful European Christmas markets to visit in 2020? Budapest (Ungheria) Vienna (Austria) Gdansk (Poland) Brussels (Belgium).
Best Christmas Markets in Europe 2020 | Rove.me
During Christmas season, festive markets are full of options from ice rinks to mulled wine. Friendly Vienna, traditional Bavaria or romantic Krakow will turn the festive mood on! Let the Christmas spirit overwhelm you! A. Slovakia. late November–late December. B.
Christmas markets in Austria: Vienna (12 Nov – 23 Dec 2021) The grand capital of the Habsburg Empire does Christmas properly. The market opens earlier than most, and 20°C days during the earliest weeks are not unheard of, but when the cold air comes, this is one of the top winter city destinations for Christmas markets in Europe.
Nine new and beautiful — if less-known — Christmas markets were selected this year: Valkenburg in the Netherlands, Bath in England, Govone in Italy, Trier in Germany, Novi Sad in Serbia.
Stockholm Christmas Markets. As with most other cities, Stockholm has a few Christmas markets. The main (and best) one to visit after Skansen (for which there is quite a hefty admission fee) is the one in Gamla Stan. Gamla Stan is the oldest and most traditional Christmas market in Stockholm, dating back to 1837.
Best Christmas markets in Europe for 2021
- Cologne, Germany. Dates: 23 November to 23 December 2020. Best for: A variety of markets. Long .
- Salzburg, Austria. Dates: November 20 to December 26, 2020. Best for: Christmas carols and .
- Berlin, Germany. Dates: November 23 to December 29, 2020. Best for: Trendy Christmas gifts and .
- Budapest, Hungary. Dates: From November 22 2020 to January 1 2021. Best for: Ice rinks and .
- Bath, UK. Dates: From November 28 to December 15, 2020. Best for: Traditional dishes and ice .
- Prague, Czech Republic. Dates: From November 30 2020 to January 6, 2021. Best for: Open-air .
- Strasbourg, France. Dates: From November 22 to December 30, 2020. Best for: Storybook scenery .
- Gothenburg, Sweden. Dates: From November 22 to December 30, 2020. Best for: Chic vibes and .
- Bratislava, Slovakia. Dates: November 23 to December 22 2020. Best for: Wooden toys and foodie .
- Bohemia, Czech Republic. Dates: November 29 2020 to January 6 2021. Best for: Christmas .
- Vienna, Austria. Why settle for one Christmas market when you can have a whole bunch of them? In .
- Prague, Czech Republic. Prague has fairy tale good looks all year round, but come Christmas the .
- Brussels, Belgium. Brussels’ Christmas market is Belgium’s biggest, with more than 200 chalets .
- Amsterdam, Netherlands. Amsterdam may not have a dedicated Christmas market, but that doesn’t .
- Nuremberg, Germany. Some Christmas markets are more tat than tasteful – but that’s not an .
- Copenhagen, Denmark. Copenhagen may be as cool as capital cities get, but that doesn’t stop it .
- Manchester, UK. Last year Manchester Christmas Markets were voted the best in the UK in an online .
- Gothenburg, Sweden. Daylight may be in short supply during Swedish winter, but there’s nothing .
- Strasbourg, France. Strasbourg’s been hosting its Christkindelsmärik (Christmas market) since .
- Tallinn, Estonia. Small but perfectly formed, Tallinn’s Christmas market looks like a scene from a .
Christmas in Belgium is traditional and atmospheric. Bruges and Brussels are two of the most popular markets in Europe. Explore Christmas in the Netherlands and soak up the festive cosmopolitan spirit in Amsterdam. Or why not go a bit further afield and spend Christmas in Germany and enjoy the traditional and festive markets in Cologne.
Best Christmas market in France Strasbourg. Known as Christkindelsmärik, Strasbourg’s Christmas market has been held annually since the 16th century. It’s one of the oldest Christmas markets in Europe. Christmas lights sparkle and mix with the romantic allure that only France can produce, making for a truly magical atmosphere.
Best Christmas Markets in Europe
Ranked among the Best Sunny Christmas Markets in Europe, the Seville Christmas market is your favourite Christmas market in Spain this year, followed by Madrid and Barcelona. Each year Nervión’s Christmas Market in Seville is visited by travellers from around the world in search of authenticity, tradition, handmade decorations and regional culinary products.
- Festive Season on The Blue Danube Discovery with 2 Nights in Budapest & 2 Nights in Prague. …
- Festive Season on The Blue Danube Discovery with 2 Nights in Prague. Destinations. Hungary, …
- Enchanting Christmas & New Year’s (2023) (Passau to Budapest, 2023) Destinations. Germany, …
- Christmas Markets on the Danube & Classic Prague. Destinations. Hungary, Slovakia, Austria, …
- Prague & Christmas Markets of Europe. Destinations. Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, Austria, …
- Christmas & New Year with Prague – Koblenz. Destinations. Netherlands, Germany, Austria, …
- Christmas & New Year with Prague – Rhine Gorge > Rüdesheim. Destinations. Netherlands, …
- Danube Holiday Markets (2023) (Passau to Budapest, 2023) Destinations. Germany, Austria, …
- Christmas Markets of Austria Germany Switzerland (8 Days) “Fabulous trip!! cant wait to GAO on …
- Alpine Christmas Markets (Classic, 9 Days) “A beautiful alpine itinerary with fairytale scenery dusted …
- Aachen Christmas Market, Germany. When it comes to the best Christmas markets in Germany .
- Freiburg Christmas Market, Germany. The historic centre of Freiburg transforms into a large .
- Cologne, Germany. Ok so Cologne doesn’t have just one major Christmas market, it has several, in .
- Ghent Christmas Market, Belgium. Locally known as Gentse Winterfeesten, the heart of Ghent .
- Winter Wonders in Brussels, Belgium. For those looking to enjoy a large Christmas market that .
- Prague Christmas Market, Czech Republic. Certainly one of the most beautiful in Europe, Prague .
- Vienna Magic of Advent, Austria. From mid November to Christmas Vienna is host to an array of .