What to Buy at a German Christmas Market . Christmas markets are the perfect place to find a unique Christmas gift or souvenir, such as handmade wooden toys, local crafts, Christmas ornaments (like traditional straw stars) and decorations, nutcrackers, smokers, paper stars and more.
Christmas markets inspired by German originals have spread across the world. Some of the global Advent festivities are even managed by German companies who export their goods and stalls across borders. But, despite the convenience of having a ‘traditional.
- Trier. From 19th November to 22nd December 2021. Now in its 40th year, the Trier Christmas .
- Leipzig. From 23rd November to 23rd December 2021. Leipzig Christmas market dates all the way .
- Braunschweig. From 24th November to 29th December 2021. Every year, the squares around St. .
- Aachen. From 19th November to 23rd December 2021. Every year before Christmas the squares and .
- Baden-Baden. From 25th November 2021 to 6th January 2022. Situated at the start of Baden .
- Berlin. From 22nd November 2021 to 6th January 2022. The baroque Charlottenburg Palace is a .
- Cologne. From 22nd November to 23rd December 2021. Advent is the time for Christmas markets, .
- Dresden. From 26th November to 24th December 2021. If you like Christmas, you’ll love Dresden. A .
- Dusseldorf. From 18th November to 30th December 2021. Once the St Martins parade has made its .
- Nuremberg. From 26th November to 24th December 2021. The enticing aroma of gingerbread, .
- Christkindlesmarkt, Nuremberg. Nuremberg has the archetypical Christmas market | © …
- Lucia Christmas market, Berlin. Lucia Christmas Market focusses on Scandinavian cuisine and …
- Marienplatz Christmas market, Munich. Munich’s famous Marienplatz turns into a winter …
- Striezelmarkt, Dresden. Christmas market activities in Dresden date back well into the 15th century | …
- Cathedral Christmas market, Cologne. Cologne’s most famous Christmas market stands in front of …
- Markets in Rothenburg ob der Tauber. For a truly immersive experience, head to Rothenburg ob der …
- Marktplatz, Stuttgart. Those interested in a more traditional Christmas market experience should …
- Römerberg market, Frankfurt. Römerberg is one of Germany’s oldest Christmas markets | © Prisma …
- Leipzig Christmas market. More than 300 exhibitors set up shop on Leipzig’s market square each …
- Heidelberg Christmas markets. The Heidelberg Christmas market is one of the most romantic you’ll …
Trier Christmas Market is one of the most romantic fairs set up in front of the charming Trier Cathedral. Over 90 beautiful wooden booths sell decorations, wooden toys, ceramics, candles, hand-blown glass, and other crafts. Don’t leave the market without trying bratwurst and potato pancakes. Frankfurt Christmas Market (November 22–December 22, 2021).
- Christkindlesmarkt, Nuremberg. When you think of German Christmas markets, you think of …
- Munich Christmas Market. As the beautiful capital of Bavaria, Munich’s Christmas market is truly …
- Striezelmarkt, Dresden. With a history dating back to 1434, Dresden’s Striezelmarkt was the first …
- Leipzig Christmas Market. You’ll feel like you’ve stepped back in time when you discover Leipzig’s …
- Frankfurt Christmas Market. If you want to get into the Christmas spirit, head to the historic …
- Cathedral Christmas Market, Cologne. You’ll definitely tame your winter wanderlust at Cologne’s …
- Reiterlesmarkt, Rothenburg ob der Tauber. For a truly traditional German Christmas market …
- Berlin Christmas Markets. There are dozens of Christmas markets to choose from when you visit …
- Düsseldorf Christmas Markets. The Düsseldorf Christmas Markets are an unforgettable experience, …
- Eisenach Christmas Market. Held in the UNESCO-listed Wartburg Castle, Eisenach takes the crown …
These are the best German Christmas markets you need
- Nuremberg. 2021 Nuremberg Christmas Market info: Planned for November 26 – December 24; .
- Dresden. 2021 Dresden Christmas market info: Planned for November 24 – December 24; hours are .
- Cologne. 2021 Cologne Christmas market info: Planned for November 23 – December 23; hours .
- Hamburg – City Hall. 2021 Hamburg Christmas market info: Planned for November 22 – December .
- Bremen. 2021 Bremen Christmas market info: Planned for November 22 – December 23; hours are .
- Berlin – Potsdamer Platz. 2021 Berlin Christmas market info: Winterwelt will open this winter with .
- Kassel. 2021 Kassel Christmas market info: Planned for November 22 – December 30; hours are 11 .
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber. 2021 Rothenburg Christmas market info: Planned for November 26 – .
- Heidelberg. 2021 Heidelberg Christmas market info: The main market is planned for November 18 – .
- Leipzig. 2021 Leipzig Christmas market info: Planned for November 23 – December 23; hours are .
Germany Covid cases. Tighter controls had been announced to allow Christmas markets to go ahead, with organisers expected to monitor visitors’ entry in some cases by putting fencing around.
2 days ago The 41st Trier Christmas Market was named “Germany‘s Best Christmas Market 2021″ by the tourism platform “European Best Destinations.” It opened on.
The German state of Saxony (AKA Sachsen in German) is home to some of the oldest and most respected Christmas markets in the country, including the Striezelmarkt in Dresden. Unfortunately, pretty much all markets in the state were cancelled in 2020.
As Germany is facing its fourth wave of the Coronavirus, many of the popular Christmas markets have just been cancelled and there’s a possibility that others could also be affected. Bavaria : Due to the soaring Covid infections, the State of Bavaria has already decided on a state-wide cancellation of their Christmas markets.
German Christmas Markets Cancelled | Germany Travel
One of the largest and oldest Christmas markets in all of Germany, the Frankfurt Christmas Market, or Frankfurter Weihnachtsmarkt, is a massive event that covers a vast area in the center of the city, from the Hauptwache square to the banks of the river Main. With its origin dating back to 1393, when it was paired with the presentation of ecclesiastic mystery plays in the main square.
Germany is famous for its traditional Christmas markets, with Nuremberg’s Christkindlesmarkt, Berlin’s Gendarmenmarkt and Stuttgart’s festive fair among its.
One of Germany‘s most popular Christmas markets has fallen victim to the country’s worsening COVID situation. The one at Nuremberg in Bavaria was scrapped on Friday. Bavarian Prime Minister Markus.
Germany‘s popular Christmas market in Bavaria canceled over COVID-19 By Clyde Hughes An image of nutcrackers on sale at the Christmas market in.
The German states of Bavaria and Saxony announced Nov. 19 they would close all Christmas markets Nov. 22. Many markets in northern and western Germany opened under stringent conditions for the.
- Nuremberg Christmas Market. Altstadt – St. Sebald, 90403 Nürnberg, Germany. Nuremberg has an .
- Dresden Christmas Market. 01067 Dresden, Germany. Web Visit website. If you are looking for the .
- Munich Christmas Market. Marienplatz 26, 80331 München, Germany. Web Visit website. Münchner .
- Rothenburg Christmas Market. Marktpl., 91541 Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Germany. Phone +49 .
- Cologne Christmas Market. Domkloster 4, 50667 Köln, Germany. Phone +49 221 17940555. Web .
- Gendarmenmarkt in Berlin. Gendarmenmarkt, 10117 Berlin, Germany. Web Visit website. Berlin’s .
- Hamburg Christmas Market. Rathausmarkt 1, 20095 Hamburg, Germany. Phone +49 40 428312064. .
- Leipzig Christmas Market. Markt 1, 04109 Leipzig, Germany. Phone +49 341 9607208. Web Visit .
- Ravenna Gorge Christmas Market. Ravennaschlucht, 79874 Breitnau, Germany. Deep in the midst of .
- Esslingen Medieval Christmas Market. Rathauspl., 73728 Esslingen am Neckar, Germany. There’s .
- Dresden’s Christmas Markets. Perfect for: Devouring classic Stollen with perfect views. We’ll start .
- Cologne’s Christmas Markets. Perfect for: A surreal and magical Christmas market escape with .
- The Christmas Markets in Munich. Perfect for: If you want a little bit of everything in a gorgeous .
- Esslingen (Medieval) Christmas Market. Perfect for: stepping back in time and prancing through the .
- Düsseldorf’s Christmas Markets. If you’re looking for a variety of amazing Christmas markets to visit .
- Berlin’s Christmas Markets. Some markets in the city open until December 31. Berlin has over 60 .
- Hamburg’s Christmas Markets. Perfect for: If you want a twist on the classic Christmas Market .
- Frankfurt’s Christmas Markets. Perfect for: If you want an easy/cheap Christmas market to fly into, .
- Dortmund Christmas Market. Perfect for: If you want to look at a huge azz tree. The Dortmund .
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber Christmas Market. Perfect for: if you want to step into a fairytale. .
Christmas markets throughout the state, including one of Germany‘s largest in Dresden, are canceled. Bars, nightclubs, gyms, museums and many other public venues must close.
The Striezelmarkt in Dresden, the oldest Christmas market in Germany which draws around three million visitors annually, is due to open on Nov 22.
On Friday 19 November, the premiers of the German states of Bavaria and Saxony announced that their Christmas markets would be cancelled, state wide, due to surging cases in both regions. Germany.
Will Germany’s Christmas markets open given the surge in
Lübecker Weihnachtsmarkt then is the Lübeck Christmas Market. In the south of Germany (as well as Switzerland and Austria) the word is Christkindlmarkt, or a variation thereof, such as Christkindlesmarkt, Christkindlmarket, or Christkindlimarkt. A well known example being the Nuremberg Christkindlesmarkt.