– Zoo Lights at Lincoln Park Zoo. Zoo Lights at Lincoln Park Zoo is a popular outdoor winter destination for those who live in Illinois and visitors.
– Ice Skating in Millennium Park. McCormick Tribune Plaza and Ice Rink, located in Chicago’s Millennium Park offers a 200-foot long by 80-foot wide ice rink for outdoor activity in the …
– Downhill Skiing. Villa Olivia, in Bartlett, Illinois, began as a private estate in the [early 1900s] (https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/pennsylvania/philadelphia/early-1900s-philadelphia-pa/).
Each winter, around 3,000 bald eagles fly to Illinois to make it their temporary home, settling in among the cliffs and trees in at least 27 counties around the state. Find Eagle-Watching Events Affordable Places to Stay and Play in Chicago This Winter.
11 Perfect Things To Add To Your Illinois Winter Bucket List 1. Hop on a snow tube at Snowstar Winter Park in Andalusa.. Ever a crowd-pleaser during the.
Can’t-Miss Illinois Winter Events Alton-Audubon Eagle Ice Festival. Eagle-watching enthusiasts and curious kids can see a bald eagle up close in the Alton… Chicago Sketch Comedy Festival. Belly-laughs fill the Stage 773 theater for eight days in January, when more than 180… Illinois Snow.
11 Unique Getaways In Illinois That Are Picture Perfect For Winter. Don’t go stir crazy this winter; instead, visit one of Illinois’ unique getaways. From secluded cabins in the forest to high-rise hotels with all the amenities, there is something to please any traveler. Fill your suitcase with sweaters, slip on some wool socks, and hit the road! During these uncertain times, please keep safety in mind.
Outdoor Winter Activities in Illinois Zoo Lights at Lincoln Park Zoo. Zoo Lights at Lincoln Park Zoo is a popular outdoor winter destination for those who… Ice Skating in Millennium Park. McCormick Tribune Plaza and Ice Rink, located in Chicago’s Millennium Park offers a… Downhill Skiing. Villa.
Outdoor Winter Activities in Illinois | USA Today
Sun, Dec 5, 11:00 AM. Spiteful Brewing • chicago, IL. Save Beer Run – Holiday Winter Dash – 2021 IL Brewery Running Series to your collection. Holiday Donut Decorating Workshop & Story Time for Kids!.
Winter family fun in the bi-states. November 22, 2021 at 3:00 am KJFM Radio. Eagle 102 News. Top Story. KJFM — With winter festivities coming in full swing, and family in town for the holidays, it’s a great time to go site seeing and visit some unique spots in Missouri and Illinois. Fun for all ages is the Polar Express Train Ride located.
- Go ice skating at a unique rink. Looking for the ultimate winter in Chicago experience? The iconic …
- Enjoy cocktails and curling. Head upstairs to the charming curling rink on the rooftop of the The …
- Go sledding and snowshoeing. Located on parkland surrounding historic Soldier Field (home of …
- If you’re looking for a fun and easy skiing or snowboarding getaway, consider visiting us and .
- Head to the Nordic Center at Eagle Ridge Resort an enjoy an authentic outdoor ice skating .
- Take a winter hike through Casper Bluff Preserve, or just enjoy the quiet serenity of nature at .
- Watch eagles soar and dive for food during their annual migration along the Mississippi River. .
- Enjoy the scenic trails with one of the most classic winter activities of them all; a horse-drawn sleigh .
- If you want a little respite from the cold outdoors, head to the local wineries, which are open for .
- Meander through 19th-century charm all dressed up for the holidays. Downtown Galena is a fun .
- Romantic dinners for two are the perfect way to end any day in Galena, regardless of the type of .
- Pamper yourself with an in-room massage in the comfort of your suite at Jail Hill Inn.
- Hit up one of Galena’s fun winter events, such as the popular Winter Carnival Weekend in February .
The Hocking Hills’ rock formations and caves become even more dramatic in winter, when snow settles on the damp rocks and bare trees, and water freezes into huge icicles.. At Glenlaurel Inn & Spa nearby, inventive food and plush cabins balance brisk hikes for a perfectly woodsy winter getaway. Guests retreat to nicely appointed, Scottish-theme cottages and rooms, some with hot tubs and some.
15 Great Midwest Winter Weekend Escapes | Midwest
Things to Do in Illinois, United States: See Tripadvisor’s 2,142,942 traveler reviews and photos of Illinois tourist attractions. Find what to do today or anytime in November. We have reviews of the best places to see in Illinois. Visit top-rated & must-see attractions.
Winter weather doesn’t mean outdoor activities have to come to a halt in Galena, IL. In fact, the transformation of the Illinois landscape opens up opportunity for hitting the skiing and snowboarding slopes, practicing your moves at local ice skating rinks, and getting a serious cardio workout cross-country skiing on the trails in your area.
Ottawa is home to the best toboggan sledding hill around in Allen Park on the Illinois River’s edge. Every new snowfall in Starved Rock Country brings out kids and adults of all ages to take a trip down the hill. There’s also hot chocolate in thermoses to make the event a.
- Visit The Art Institute. The Art Institute of Chicago is one of the world’s best art museums. Visiting .
- Go ice skating in Millennium Park. Ice skating at the McCormick Tribune Rink at Millennium Park is .
- Take a stroll down Michigan Avenue. Michigan Avenue: home to the world famous Magnificent Mile .
- Experience an authentic Italian dinner at The Rosebud. A winter visit to Chicago would not be .
- Be amazed at Lincoln Park ZooLights Festival. Take advantage of this festive display of over 2 .
- Visit the spectacular dinosaur & mummy exhibits at The Field Museum. Most of you have probably .
- Skate the ice ribbon in Maggie Daley Park. Attractions. Parks and gardens. Millennium Park. With .
- Skip town for a ski trip. Things to do. The Midwest is hardly a ski and snowboarding mecca, but .
- Take a chilly zipline ride at The Forge. Things to do. Suburbs. The Forge: Lemont Quarries adventure .
- Head for the hills and go sledding. Kids. Don’t let Chicago’s overall flatness fool you—there are great .
- Bundle up for a trek on the Lakefront Trail. Things to do. South Shore. The 18-mile path that hugs .
- Explore the Chicago Botanic Garden. Things to do. Literary events. Suburbs. price 2 of 4. You .
- Embrace the spirit of the season in Millennium Park. Attractions. Parks and gardens. Millennium .
- Go for a stroll on the North Branch Trail. Attractions. Parks and gardens. North Park. Cold weather .
- Spend a day in a Chicago park. Things to do. Don’t let the chilly weather keep you out of the city’s .
- Go cross-country skiing at the Morton Arboretum. Things to do. Suburbs. Not into sliding down .
12 Things To Do Outdoors During Winter in Chicago
Rocktown Adventures – This specialty outdoor retailer hosts snowshoeing tours throughout various Rockford Park District facilities and Rock Cut State Park. Snow Park at Alpine Hills – Enjoy tubing, skiing and snowboarding for riders of all abilities (snow making equipment covers the park in.
The west suburbs are full of winter break camps with sports, games, crafts, gymnastics, field trips, art, science, math and more. Winter Break Activities in Chicago’s Western Suburbs. Find fabulous ways to spend quality time at home with your family, as well as ways to mix it up with adventures on the go.
- Stand on the Skydeck Chicago ledge. Chicago, IL. The Chicago Skydeck, the highest observation .
- Walk through the Illinois Route 66 Hall of Fame and Museum. Pontiac, IL. Built in 2004, the Illinois .
- See a show at the Chicago Theatre. Chicago, IL. The world-famous Chicago Theatre offers .
- Learn about the world at the Museum of Science and Industry. Chicago, IL. Travel down a coal mine, .
- Hear the Chicago Symphony Orchestra. Chicago, IL. Known as one of the best orchestras in the .
- See Ernest Hemingway’s childhood home. Oak Park, IL. Take a tour of the birthplace and home of .
- Visit the butterfly house at the Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum. Chicago, IL. Although the Peggy .
- Sleep in a treehouse at Timber Ridge Outpost and Cabins. Elizabethtown, IL. Indulge your inner child .
- Check out the impressionist art at the Art Institute of Chicago. Chicago, IL. The Art Institute of .
- Catch a Cubs game at Wrigley Field. Chicago, IL. Take your family and friends out to the ball game .
- Chicago Museums. Chicago is a perfect city for museum hopping in the winter. Kids and adults alike .
- Chicago Theater. Chicago has an incredible theater scene and if you are looking to treat your .
- Sporting Events. Chicago is of course home to the Blackhawks and the Bulls, but there are also .
- Ice Skating in Chicago. If you wear the right clothing, outdoor ice skating is actually quite fun. Some .
- Sledding Hills. When it is not below freezing and there is plenty of snow on the ground, one of the .
- Indoor Water Parks. Most people from the Chicago area know about the Wisconsin Dells, and will .
- Check out a Festival, Special Event, or Parade. One fun winter festival in Chicago is the Lunar New .
- Day Out in the City. Why not head to the city and make a day of it? Head to Water Tower Place where .
- Trampoline Parks. Trampoline parks are all the rage when the kids are out of school. Wall to wall .
- Grab a Bird’s Eye View. If you have a clear day, head to the John Hancock Observatory or Willis .
- Impact Field 15 Sports Complexes. By 9davef. The parking is easy, the trip to the park is easy, the .
- Sky High Sports Niles 17 Sports Complexes. Open now.
- Betty Russell Community Park 1 Parks • Playgrounds.
- Jump Zone! 9 Playgrounds.
- Arlington Park. 505. Horse Tracks. By runjustin. We had a wonderful fathers day here with our .
- Harrah’s Joliet Casino. 864. Casinos. Open now. By talisat2019. I just came to the casino for some .
- Cedarhurst Center for the Arts 89 Paint & Pottery Studios • Art Museums. By K226NHjank. The staff .
- Lords Park 13 Zoos • Parks. By Sjssz. Fun for people of all ages.
- Meadowbrook Park. 126. Parks • Playgrounds. By Manisha201412. Leisure walks are also fun when .
- Hollywood Casino Joliet. 275. Casinos. By riordan51. Hollywood casino is a nice casino with great .
THE 10 BEST Fun Activities & Games in Illinois
Travel time: Less than 5.5 hours by car If a wintry, scenic drive to northern Michigan sounds fun, then Boyne Mountain is worth the trek. Take snowboard or.
Ice Castles return to Lake Geneva in January, but in a new location at lakeside Geneva National Resort. These artistic ice creations are nothing short of spectacular. Your family will love sliding, climbing though tunnels and making winter wishes in sparkling ice fountains.
You’re invited to an evening filled with fun, food and socializing with other DHH families at John A. Logan College, 700 Logan College Drive, in Carterville. In addition to plenty of free pizza, the evening will include winter holiday-themed arts and crafts and storytime in ASL.