The winter holiday season is a magical time of the year, with the Christmas markets in the UK bringing glittering lights, beautiful gifts, carol-singers, ice rinks and endless mugs of mulled wine. From Bath to Belfast, London to Leeds, and Glasgow to Cardiff , you’ll find some of the most enchanting Yuletide celebrations in the region’s cities.
Festive markets: The best Christmas market experience can be found in Birmingham and London, according to Facebook and Tripadvisor, with the most reviewed market in each city scoring 4.7.
- Winter Wonderland. Hyde Park, London. Transforming one of London’s most spectacular parks, .
- Birmingham Frankfurt Christmas Market. Victoria Square, Birmingham. A firm favourite on the city’s .
- Southbank Winter Festival. Southbank Centre, London. The popular Winter Market returns to .
- Leeds Christkindelmarkt. Millennium Square, Leeds. Millennium Square in Leeds is transformed for .
- Manchester Christmas Markets. Albert Square, Manchester. The latest instalment of the .
- Winchester Christmas Market. Winchester Cathedral. With its unique location in the shadow of a .
- The Victorian Christmas Festival. Portsmouth Historic Dockyard. Travel back in time for three days .
- Lincoln Christmas Market. Cathedral Quarter, Lincoln. This three-day market sets up shop for its .
- York’s St Nicholas Christmas Fair. Parliament Street, York. Soak up medieval charm at York’s award .
- Rochester Christmas Market. Rochester, Kent. Attracting more than 130,000 visitors a year, this .
Best Christmas markets in the UK for 2021. 1. Cardiff. When November 11-December 23 Best for independent local sellers. For more than 20 years, Cardiff has been filling the pedestrian areas of … 2. Blenheim Palace. 3. Birmingham. 4. York. 5. Chester..
The 14 best Christmas markets to visit in the UK | Real
11/11/2020. Destination Guides. The winter holiday season is a magical time of the year, with the Christmas markets in the UK bringing glittering lights, beautiful gifts, carol-singers, ice rinks and endless mugs of mulled wine. From Bath to Belfast, London to Leeds, and Glasgow to Cardiff, you’ll find some of the most enchanting Yuletide celebrations in the region’s cities.
Winchester Cathedral Christmas Market runs from Friday 19th November to Wednesday 22nd December . 3 – Manchester . Manchester has a number of Christmas markets across the city and this makes it a city full of Christmas cheer. Piccadilly Gardens will take centre stage for festivities in the city with a family friendly feel and offering Christmas.
Let’s step into the joy of Christmas in the UK with the discovery of one of the most popular festive traditions. The Christmas markets in the UK are somewhat a recent tradition and originate from the famous Weihnachtsmärkte in Germany.During Advent, the main cities and towns of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland host Christmas markets.
- Winter Wonderland 2021 – London.
- Winter Market at the Southbank Centre 2021 – London. Dates: 4th – 24th December 2021. The .
- Christmas by the River 2021 – London. Dates: 16th November 2021 – 2nd January 2022. Returning .
- Bath Christmas market 2021. Dates: 25th November to 19th December 2021. Bath’s yuletide market .
- Manchester Christmas market 2021. Dates: TBC. There are over 300 stalls to browse in nine .
- Nottingham Christmas market 2021. Dates: TBC. Nottingham’s Winter Wonderland is one of the .
- Leeds Christmas market 2021. Dates: TBC. Over forty wooden chalet stalls take over Leeds’ .
- Chester Christmas market 2021. Dates: 18 November 2021 – 22 December 2021. Located in the .
- Birmingham Christmas market 2021. Dates: 5th November to 23rd December 2021. Birmingham’s .
- York Christmas Festival 2021. Dates: 18th November to 23rd December 2021. You’d be forgiven for .
Best Christmas Markets in the UK 2021, dates, best
- Edinburgh – Scotland. From 20th November 2021 to 4th January 2022. World-renowned Edinburgh’s .
- Winchester, England. From 19th November to 22nd December 2021. Winchester Cathedral’s .
- Bath, England. Cancelled in 2021. Regularly voted amongst the most popular events in the UK, the .
- Manchester, England. From 12th November to 22nd December 2021. The, original, biggest and – .
- Nottingham, England. From 15th November to 31st December 2021. Christmas returns to .
- Birmingham, England. From 4th November to 23rd December 2021. Birmingham has the largest .
- Chester, England. From 18th November to 22nd December 2021. Wrap up warm and enjoy a festive .
- York, England. From 18th November to 23rd December 2021. Soak up the medieval charm of York at .
- Glasgow, Scotland. From 21st November to 23rd December 2021. Glasgow is the perfect place to .
- London, England. From 19th November 2021 to 3rd January 2022. London’s spectacular Christmas .
- Edinburgh Christmas Markets. The Edinburgh Christmas market has one of the most impressive …
- Edinburgh Christmas Market Dates. 12th November 2021 – 5th January 2022. Other things to do in …
- Manchester Christmas Markets. (Submitted by Jenni Fielding from CruiseMummy) Manchester …
- Manchester Christmas Markets Dates. Albert Square – 8th November to 22nd December, 10am to …
- Chatsworth Christmas Markets. (Submitted by Jenny from Peak District Kids) A Peak District …
- Chatsworth Christmas Market Dates. 6th November – 24th November 2021. Other things to do near …
- Winchester Christmas Market. (Submitted by Cathy from MummyTravels) Winchester’s Christmas …
- Winchester Christmas Market Dates. 19th November to 22nd December 2021. Other things to do in …
- York Christmas Markets. (Submitted by Sinead from Best in York Guide) The Christmas market in …
- York Christmas Market Dates. 18th November to 23rd December 2021 – SEE HERE FOR THE …
Glasgow Christmas Market, Scotland. 7th November to 23rd December 2020. Glasgow is a perfect holiday spot over the Christmas season, combining stylish shopping, superb eating, and spectacular drinking. This is all set against the backdrop of the city centre decked out in a.
Major towns and cities all over the country from Belfast and Cardiff to Southampton and Winchester will start gearing up for Christmas in late November, festooning the streets in lights and.
Christmas Markets in Britain | VisitBritain
Twinkling lights, mulled wine, a holiday atmosphere and fabulous gifts – Britain’s Christmas markets are back! Set in some of Britain’s loveliest cities, discover some of our favourites for an experience that’s both a perfect place for Christmas shopping and festive destination discovery! ThingLink. 1. Birmingham’s Frankfurt Christmas Market.
- Birmingham’s Frankfurt Christmas Market (canceled in 2020) Birmingham hosts the largest …
- London: Hyde Park Winter Wonderland (canceled in 2020) & Southbank Centre Winter Market …
- Belfast Christmas Market (dates for 2020 TBA) Belfast’s beautiful City Hall hosts a famous …
- St Nicholas Fair in York (November 12–December 23, 2020, canceled) Medieval York is another …
- Victorian Christmas Festival in Portsmouth (canceled in 2020) If you are looking for some Victorian …
- Glasgow: George Square Christmas Market (canceled in 2020) & St. Enoch Square Christmas …
- Stratford-upon-Avon Victorian Christmas Market (canceled for 2020 | December 9–12, 2021) …
WITH Christmas markets cancelled last year due to lockdown, Brits will be out in force this festive season to make up for lost time. Major towns and.
A Victorian Festival of Christmas – Portsmouth. The Christmas Market in Portsmouth is hosted at the Historic Dockyard. Known as A Victorian Festival of Christmas, this is a well established Portsmouth Christmas Market. Admission to this Portsmouth Xmas Market also permits visitors to visit HMS Victory, Mary Rose, etc.
UK Christmas Markets: The Best Places For All The Festive
Birmingham’s Frankfurt Christmas Market. Credit: Frankfurt Christmas Market Birmingham. Birmingham’s market is the biggest and perhaps the best of UK Christmas markets, with a distinctly Germanic connection. In fact, it’s the biggest German Christmas market outside of Germany and Austria, so it’s a Pretty Big Deal.
- Edinburgh. The beautiful city of Edinburgh during the wintertime. Edinburgh is renowned for its .
- London. An idyllic scene of London in the snow. The capital city has so much to offer those .
- Leeds. A city of magic and excitement. Kick-starting Christmas with the Leeds Lights Switch On and .
- York. let it snow in the city of York. York is the perfect place to spend Christmas in the UK. It’s .
- Nottingham. The Nottingham Christmas tree in the centre of the city. Spending Christmas in .
- Birmingham. The serene Birmingham Christmas market. Birmingham this Christmas is becoming .
- Cardiff. As the nights get darker, Cardiff gets brighter. With so much on offer, Cardiff makes it easily .
- Manchester. Manchester lit up for Christmas. An Ice Village, a giant Santa clause, and the Winter .
- Bristol. Head to the Bristol Christmas market for some mulled wine. Even as the nights get shorter .
- Bath. Christmas lights all around. Offering everything from churros to sweet roasted chestnuts, the .
City of Lincoln Council is working hard to make final preparations ahead of the oldest traditional Christmas market in the UK, Lincoln Christmas Market. Taking place for the 38th time from 2-5 December, the four-day event will see over 150 stalls in the uphill area of the city, ranging from gifts and crafts, to local produce, food and drink.
- Birmingham. Best for: An unforgettable family Christmas. Home to the biggest authentic German …
- Bath. Best for: A romantic Christmas escape. A stunning city at any time of the year, spending …
- Edinburgh. Best for: A captivating Christmas break to suit all ages and tastes. Few cities have as …
- London. Best for: A cosmopolitan Christmas in the city. Celebrate the festive season in style with a …
- Dublin. Best for: Welcoming locals and plenty of festive spirit. Christmas in Ireland’s captivating …
- Swansea. Best for: A seaside Christmas adventure. From the Swansea Christmas Parade to the …
- Limerick. Best for: A fun-filled family Christmas. Enjoy plenty of good old fashioned Christmas …
- Winchester. Best for: A traditional British Christmas. Dubbed ‘England’s Christmas Capital’, there …