11 Best (Really Free) VPNs for Android in December 2021
It’s hard to find a free VPN that works well on Android. I tested 43 free services on my Galaxy S10+, and most of them were slow and unusable.
Most free VPNs hide downsides ranging from annoying ads to privacy violations and data leaks. For this reason, it is best to use a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN. It is fast, versatile and secure. You can test ExpressVPN on your Android device risk-free and get your money back within the 30-day money-back guarantee period if you don’t feel it’s right for you.
There are some free VPNs that do not put your privacy at risk, which are the limited free versions of premium VPN services. After extensive testing, I’ve put together this list of the best free VPNs for Android, based on speed, security, and performance.
Quick Guide: Top 10 Free VPNs for Android
- ExpressVPN – Fast speeds, secure server connections, and no data restrictions. You can try it risk-free with our 30-day money-back guarantee.
- CyberGhost: There is no data limit and you get 3 days to use the full service for free.
- protection shield: 500MB of free data per day. Reliable, high-speed connections and premium security features.
- Windscribe: 10 GB of free data per month. Easy-to-use Android apps with a built-in ad and malware blocker.
- hide me: 2 GB of free data per month. High-speed communications and military-grade security.
- PrivateVPN: Reliable, secure and able to bypass geo-blocking. You can use the 7-day free trial.
- TunnelBear: 500MB of free data per month. Its GhostBear mode bypasses geo-restrictions, VPN blocking, and censorship.
- ProtonVPN: Unlimited data, speed and bandwidth. The Android application is easy to use and lightweight.
- OperaVPN: Plug-in for Opera Safe Browser with Unlimited Data. You don’t even need to create an account.
- acceleration: 5GB of free data per month and a unique channel linking feature to speed up your connection.
- Betternet: An easy-to-use Android app with 500MB of free data per day. Supports P2P connections.
Try ExpressVPN Risk-Free Today!
What are the disadvantages of free VPNs?
VPNs are expensive to maintain. Free VPNs do not charge their users, so they have to earn money in other ways.
Some providers use annoying but relatively harmless methods, such as displaying ads. Others are downright dangerous.
Premium VPNs offer apps for most platforms, but free services usually don’t.
Many free VPNs offer apps for laptops and desktop computers only. Most of the Android compatible services I tested had outdated apps that used a lot of RAM and slowed down my phone significantly.
Free VPNs don’t have the best track record when it comes to protecting your data.
Many services use outdated encryption protocols or do not encrypt your data at all.
this means Your private information is exposed to cybercriminals.
Some free VPNs have been caught selling user data for profit and installing malware along with their apps.
Use premium VPNs like Hotspot Shield Military grade encryption and maintain strict no-logs policies. This means that they have no record of your personal information or your online activity.
The most secure free VPNs are limited versions of the premium services. It is designed to give you a free trial and encourage you to upgrade. These restrictions may include Limited speeds, data, and bandwidth or a limited period of unrestricted use.
You may only have access to a few servers as well. This makes browsing, torrenting and streaming difficult.
The restrictions on “free” VPNs are usually larger and more restrictive. You will encounter crowded servers, your connection will drop regularly, and you may have to wait for a server space to open. And even if you Act Having a server, if it’s busy, your connection will be painfully slow, making streaming, torrenting, or anything else that uses a lot of data nearly impossible.
Best Free VPNs for Android – Complete Analysis (Updated December 2021)
Free VPNs cannot offer the same speed and security as premium services. But there are some safe and limited free VPNs for Android. I tested each of these VPNs on my Galaxy S10+ and gave preference to sellers who also offer a free trial or money-back guarantee for premium services.
1. ExpressVPN – 30-Day Risk-Free Money Back Guarantee
- High luminous streaming speeds
- 3000 servers worldwide
- 256-bit AES encryption, an automatic kill switch, and DNS leak protection
- 30 day money back guarantee
- 5 simultaneous connections
- Works with: Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Disney+, HBO Max, Vudu, Hulu, and more
- Compatible with: Windows, Android, iOS, macOS, Chrome, Linux, routers, Apple TV and more
ExpressVPN is a top-notch VPN that is backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try it out without risk. If it doesn’t work for you, you can get your money back by canceling within the 30 day period.
Running more than 3000 servers across 90 countries, which are all optimized for P2P sharing. ExpressVPN can also unblock popular streaming sites, including Netflix and Hulu, as well as international apps on the Google Play Store. You can Connect up to 5 devices simultaneously While using it, install the application on all major platforms.
ExpressVPN uses 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, and DNS leak protection. This guarantees it Your personal information and communication are well protected. It also adheres to a strict no-logs policy, which prevents your online behavior from being recorded and viewed by third parties.
Our in-depth look at ExpressVPN includes speed test results and user reviews.
ExpressVPN can unblock:
- Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Disney +, HBO Max, Vudu, Hulu, and more
- Yes, P2P sharing is enabled on all servers
ExpressVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux, Chrome and Firefox. It is also compatible with routers.
Try ExpressVPN Risk-Free Today!
2. CyberGhost – Free 3-Day Trial with All Premium Features
- 45-day money-back guarantee and 3-day free trial for Android
- Unlimited bandwidth and fast speeds on uncrowded optimized servers
- No-logs policy, 256-bit AES encryption, and an auto kill switch to protect your online privacy
- 7,360 servers in 90 countries allow you to access geo-blocked content
- 7 simultaneous connections to the device
- Unblock: Netflix, Disney +, HBO Max, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and more
- Compatible with: Mac, Windows, Linux, Android, iOS, Roku, and more
CyberGhost is a premium VPN that gives you 3 days to test its full service on Android. It does not come with any limitations, so you can try all the premium features like unlimited data, optimized streaming servers, and an auto kill switch.
It has 7,360 servers in 90 countries which allows you to access geo-restricted content without problems. moreover, It also offers servers designed specifically for streaming. During the tests, I was able to unblock Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, BBC iPlayer and Amazon Prime Video easily. This means that you will be able to find a server to stream all your favorite shows and movies.
CyberGhost also has some really fast speeds Allows you to stream without interruption. During our speed tests, average download speeds were 44.2 Mbps across 8 different servers. Since you only need 5Mbps for HD streaming, I was able to watch my favorite shows in high quality.
Premium security features keep your data on your mobile device protected. It comes with 256-bit encryption, an automatic kill switch, and a strict no-logs policy. Reading through it, I found that the policy had passed independent audits that verify no-logs claims.
Besides the 3-day free trial, CyberGhost also offers a 45-day money-back guarantee. This means that you can test all its premium features for a longer time. If you are not impressed, you can always request a refund.
Read our full CyberGhost review to learn more.
Get CyberGhost for free!
3. Hotspot Shield – 7-day free trial of the premium version
- 500MB of free data per day
- High speed servers
- Military grade encryption
Hotspot Shield provides 500MB of free data per day. That’s enough to browse and check your emails or stream in standard definition for 30 minutes. You do not need to provide your card details when registering.
protection shield Uses 256-bit encryption and maintains a strict no-logs policy. The free version is ad-supported and limits you to two server locations.
During my tests, I found that Its connections are reliable but slow. I experienced some buffering while watching a YouTube video.
Upgrading to the premium service gives you unlimited data and 1,800+ servers in over 1,800 countries. You can test the premium service for yourself with the 7-day trial and 45-day money-back guarantee.
Find out what our extensive testing revealed in Hotspot Shield Review.
Hotspot Shield Free can unblock:
- The free version of Hotspot Shield cannot unblock any streaming sites.
- Yes, P2P is supported although torrenting may be limited due to data limitations.
Hotspot Shield works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Chrome and Firefox.
Get Hotspot Shield for FREE!
4. Windscribe – 10GB free data every month
- 10 GB of free data every month
- Ad and malware blocker
- split tunneling
Windscribe offers 10GB of free data per month. This is enough to stream about 20 minutes of TV per day. You can get a bonus of 5 GB per month by tweeting the company.
Uses military grade encryption and a strict no-logs policy. and built in Ad and malware blocker.
The Android application is lightweight and easy to use. This will not affect the performance of your device.
Windscribe supports P2P connections and split tunneling, but The free version cannot unblock Netflix.
Also limited to 10 server locations. Upgrading will give you unlimited data and access to servers in 60 countries, including servers optimized for streaming.
While testing Windscribe, I noticed that my connection speeds were unstable. Its free servers sometimes get overloaded, which can slow down your connection speed.
Learn more about Windscribe in our details reconsidering.
Windscribe can unblock:
- Able to unblock US Netflix but only for paying subscribers.
- Yes, all servers support P2P activity.
Windscribe works on these devices:
- Android, macOS, iPhone, Windows, Linux, Chrome, Firefox and Opera. Also compatible with smart TVs, NAS devices, and routers.
Get Windscribe for free!
5. hide.me – Incognito mode for enhanced security
- Military-grade safety features
- Friendly P2P
- high speed connections
hide.me offers 2GB of free data per month. This isn’t enough for streaming, but it’s perfect if you just want to unblock websites and browse safely. The app is simple and easy to use.
Uses 256-bit encryption and an automatic kill switch. hide.me also maintains a strict no-logs policy.
Its stealth mode lets you choose which apps can run when you’re not connected to a VPN. This helps Block unsafe applications that threaten your security.
When I tested hide.me, I found out that it can’t unblock streaming services like Netflix. The free account limits you to 5 of 40 server locations. Upgrading gives you unlimited data and access to all of their servers.
You can Try premium risk-free with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Find out what other users are saying about hide.me in File reconsidering.
hide.me can unblock:
- Yes, it supports P2P activity.
hide.me works on these devices:
- Android, Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, Chrome, Firefox, Windows Phone, Amazon Fire OS. Also the router is compatible.
Get hide.me for free!
6. PrivateVPN – Six Simultaneous Device Connections
- 7-day free trial
- Unlimited data and bandwidth
- Full access to more than 60 server locations
PrivateVPN is another premium service You can use it for…