Complete the step-by-step tutorial – How to setup a VPN on Android TV
Set up a VPN on Android TV When Google shut down Google TV a few years ago, it replaced the platform with something completely different and better – Android TV. Google TV offers very few apps, but Android TV has access to the Google Play Store. It is easy to operate and can be controlled by voice. Android TV is designed to bring the kinds of things you enjoy on your phone to your TV like watching sports, playing games, streaming movies, and watching TV series. Android TV aims to provide easy navigation, access to entertainment, and simple interaction. It’s all about making your TV smart and doing it with an interface that’s recognizable and easy to use. Let’s check out the complete step-by-step tutorial on how to set up a VPN on Android TV.
How to set up a VPN on Android TV?
For one thing, when you check out the Android TV Box VPN options, you will get a variety of options. However, not all VPN services available in the Google Play Store are easy to use. However, many of these VPN services have somewhat lackluster apps that don’t offer basic features.
However, hide.me VPN is preferred by many. hide.me VPN offers the perfect combination of speed, features, and reliability. Here are the easy steps to setup a VPN on your Android TV:
Step #1: Download the VPN App
- Locate the VPN on the Google Play Store on your TV streaming device. In other words, tap the Google Play Store icon on the TV screen.
- While in the Play Store, type hide.me VPN in the search bar
- Next, on the results page, select hide.me VPN and click Install. Still, at this point, click Accept to start the installation process.
- Click Open once the download is complete.
- Subscribe to hide.me’s premium plan from within the app.
Step #2: Start Using hide.me on your Android TV
- Log in to the application and fill in the required data
- Fill in your username and password and hit Enter to log in.
- Next, connect to the VPN server location.
- Once you select the location, double-click on it.
- Finally, if an alert appears asking you to give the app authority, agree by checking the I trust this app box, and then hit OK.
- Once the connection is successful, you will enjoy the internet safely and freely.
note: Some Android TV Boxes are not compatible with hide.me or another VPN. If you type hide.me in your Google Play Store and you can’t find it, you have one of these devices. Check out our list of the best Android TV boxes below:
Best Android TV Boxes
Amazon Fire TV Stick
This device is perfect if you are looking for discreet. However, it works like Amazon Fire TV; It can be loaded into Kodi and then plugged into the back of the TV. At this point, you can stream content without the need for a black box sitting at the bottom of the screen.
NVIDIA Shield TV (2017): Player Choice
If you want gaming, live streaming and the ultimate flexibility of Android, be sure to check out this one. It is compatible with Android 7 Nougat. Besides, you can connect an external USB 3 drive; Format it, so that it runs as internal storage. It has more to offer, check it out.
Other best Android TV Boxes include Amazon Fire TV: Flexible, stable, and readily available. Gem Box: Kodi Power is pocket-sized. Matricom G-Box Q2: A box dedicated to Kodi, without Kodi. We Tek Core: One of the cheapest 4K Kodi boxes, Q-Box 4K: an affordable kodi device packed with features and more.
TV Channels You can stream on Android TV with a VPN
- BBC News
- Fashion TV
- food web
- CNN and more
The main reason you should set up a VPN on Android TV is to avoid snooping from ISPs and mass government surveillance. It is also a basic need to unblock geo-restricted content.
note: In some cases, you will find that your Android TV Box remote control does not have the ability to put a mouse. In such a scenario, you can choose this tool.