How to change your location with a VPN
There are many different reasons why you might want it Change your location and IP address. One of the most important is security and privacy. Other reasons include getting around geo-restrictions, accessing more content, getting lower prices in online stores, and much more.
Whatever you want to do – You will need a VPN. But not just any VPN. Ideally, you’ll want one with strong security and privacy features, private DNS servers, and an ever-expanding network of servers. Fortunately, I’m here to help you navigate this confusing landscape.
A quick guide on changing your IP address and location with a VPN
- Subscribe to the best VPN. I suggest NordVPN, the best VPN provider
- Install VPN The app on your device
- Contact the server in which country
- Sigh like your Real IP address and location are hidden
Secure yourself with the best VPN
How a VPN can change your device’s location
A VPN works by connecting your entire Internet connection through a remote server. This does not make it sound like you are It is located in a different country, but also Encrypts your traffic. Encryption means that your connection becomes unreadable to any unwanted intruder. For example, all Internet connections that pass through a public Wi-Fi hotspot are visible to the host. Even on your home network, your Internet Service Provider (ISP) can look at the websites you visit.
Of course, connecting to a remote server and encrypting your traffic are just a few pieces of the puzzle. Nowadays, Services have many ways to know your actual location. This can depend on the specifications of your device or even your internet browser. That’s why I’ll go into more detail below.
Desktop computers (Windows, Mac, and Linux)
on desktop devices, Usually VPN changes your location without any problems. However, the focus should be on getting a trustworthy service. Free VPNs will not work because they are prone to not being secured enough and leaking your data. That’s why you can’t get cheap and instead you should get a well-reviewed premium VPN, like NordVPN.
Once you choose a VPN service, Here’s what you need to do to change your location:
- download VPN app on your PC
- Connect to a server in another country
- Use the IP Leak Checker to check that everything is working
- Browse safely and privately
Mobile phone (Android and iOS)
Things can get a little tricky on mobile phones, especially on iOS. Here, Using a VPN to change your location is not enough. Not only your IP address is used to know your location, but also your GPS data. You may also need an app for Spoof of your GPS information. Moreover, not all VPNs have this functionality, so you need to pay close attention to which VPN you choose.
Fortunately, the best VPN services can solve this problem if they have a built-in GPS spoofing function. This simplifies the process as you can kill two birds with one application. The best VPNs I recommend with fake GPS features are:
With one of these VPNs by your side, changing your location on your phone is easy.
Other devices (Smart TV, Fire TV Stick, and more)
Not all devices support VPN apps natively. Furthermore, not all VPN services have dedicated apps for specific devices. However, there is a solution – Install a VPN on your router. This will secure your entire home network and change the locations of all devices.
Of course, there is a downside to this. All of your devices will be in the same location, albeit far away. Additionally, configuring your router every time you want to switch server locations can be a bit cumbersome.
Otherwise, you should Choose a VPN provider that has dedicated apps for all your home devices. This will ensure that you are not affected by any geographic restrictions and that your privacy remains secure. NordVPN may be one of the providers.
Why do you want to change your location?
So what’s the point of this trouble anyway? Why would anyone want to change their website to another location?
Here are just a few Benefits of changing your location with a VPN:
- Discounted prices when shopping online
- Stay anonymous while browsing online
- Getting around geographical restrictions
- Open different libraries of streaming services, for example, Netflix
- Access to streams of sporting events
- Security on public Wi-Fi
- Getting around internet speed
What does an IP address tell you | What can someone do with it??
How to get a US IP address | Best VPN to Change Your IP Address in 2021
Why Use a VPN: 5 Reasons to Use a VPN in 2021 Explained
Having trouble changing your IP address and location?
Sometimes the VPN may have trouble changing your location efficiently. In other cases, a service like BBC iPlayer is very capable of recognizing your real location. In any case, there are some steps that you must take to properly change your site.
- Make sure that your real IP address is not leaking
- Try switching VPN servers
- Delete the cache and cookies from your browser
- Reboot your device
What else can a VPN do?
Of course, a VPN is powerful software and can do much more than change your IP. First of all, it is a security and privacy tool, and so it has many features to improve that. Applications will vary between providers, but the main features you should look for are:
- Lock key – This feature ensures that the actual IP address is not leaked when the VPN connection drops. It disconnects your internet connection whenever the VPN is turned off.
- A variety of tunneling protocols – Whether you need a fast connection speed or extra security, a good selection of tunneling protocols shows how versatile a VPN application can be.
- Large number of servers – Server coverage affects your chance of getting around different geographic restrictions. Servers also affect the quality of your connection speed.
- split tunneling – Sometimes, you don’t need every app on your device to go through VPN tunnels. Split tunneling allows you to pick and choose which applications to secure.
- Shipping Port – This feature improves the speed and security of your P2P activities, especially if you need to seed before downloading.
- Dedicated IP Most VPN services rent data centers full of shared servers and IP addresses. However, you can get an exclusive IP address that is not shared with anyone else for an additional cost.
Whatever the reasons for changing your IP address and location – VPN will cover you. When connecting, the most important thing is to check for IP leaks and make sure your location is changed correctly. However, this is not an issue with the major VPN service providers as they always work reliably.
You may also like to read:
How to change the Netflix region
Best VPN for Roobet
How to emulate a Pokemon Go website
How to watch HBO Max online
How to change the region on Steam
Can I choose my location with a VPN?
YesMost VPN services allow you to pick and choose your server location.
Can a VPN change my IP address?
Yes she can. When you connect to a VPN server, all your internet traffic is routed through a remote server with a different IP address.
How can I change the location of my mobile phone?
on mobile, A virtual private network is just one piece of the puzzle. In addition to a VPN, you may need to have a file GPS-spoofing app And turn off location permission from most apps.
Can you tell if someone is faking their location?
not always. However, most VPNs use shared IP addresses. Free VPNs are especially famous for this. If you want maximum confidentiality, getting a VPN with a dedicated IP will give you an exclusive IP address that no one else will use.
Don’t forget to share this post with friends !