How to install a VPN on Samsung Mobile [Updated December 2021]
If you own a Samsung smartphone and want to protect your security online, you will need a Virtual Private Network (VPN). In this guide, I will tell you how to install a VPN on Samsung Mobile (includes Galaxy and Notes) in 2021 using ExpressVPN as an example.
Before there were any dedicated VPN apps, installing a VPN was difficult because you had to do it manually. Since there are so many VPNs for Android on the Play Store, choosing the best one is getting more and more difficult.
Therefore, this guide also highlights the best VPN service that can be used with Samsung Mobile that does not put your online privacy at risk. Without wasting any time, let’s start with the setup guide.
How to set up a VPN on a Samsung mobile phone
Here are 5 easy steps to install and setup VPN on Samsung phones using ExpressVPN as an example. This process involves downloading the ExpressVPN app from the Google Play Store.
Step 1: go to Google Play Store on your phone.
Step 2: Find ExpressVPN in the list and tap Installations.
Step 3: Once installed, click Open ExpressVPN app.
The fourth step: Enters user name And password.
Fifth step: Connect to any server and start browsing on Samsung Phone.
This is not the only way to set up a VPN on your Samsung device. You can also set up the VPN manually on your Samsung mobile phone.
How to set up VPN on Samsung phone manually
There is also a manual way to set up a VPN service on your Samsung phone. Follow these steps to manually set the VPN (ExpressVPN recommended) on your Samsung phone:
Add a VPN connection:
- tap on residence icon. go to Menu > Settings.
- Click Wireless networks.
- Click on VPN settings.
- Choose the type of VPN – L2TP, PPTP, L2TP / IPsec CRT VPN
- Enter the VPN details, for example, a file VPN name, server, etc.
Connect to a VPN:
- Click on residence icon. visit Menu > Settings.
- tap on Wireless networks.
- go to VPN settings.
- You will find a file VPN connections I added it listed there.
- Click the VPN you want Connection to.
- a chat box It will ask for your VPN credentials, enter them, and connect.
5 Best VPNs for Samsung Mobile Phones
Here is a list of the best VPNs to use with Samsung Mobile that are best for secure browsing and streaming:
Why chose ExpressVPN as our best recommended VPN because it gives you a range The Most Powerful VPN Features for Online Security & Privacy It’s over 3000 servers in a 94+ countries.
You can browse or stream safely with ExpressVPN if you are on public Wi-Fi because it contains a file 256 bit encryption Which keeps your online data safe and private from hackers. You can also try ExpressVPN’s 7-day free trial to test its performance.
Finally, ExpressVPN has a fast speed. It only reduces the speed to a bare minimum, unlike other VPN providers that throttle your internet speed by half a margin. Overall, it is the best Samsung VPN that you can use at this age.
How to install a VPN on Samsung Mobile (Galaxy S10 and above)
Since Android easily supports all modern VPN protocols including OpenVPN, IKEv2, L2TP/IPSec and PPTP, you can install the VPN directly on your S10 or any of the other variants via the official apps available on the PlayStore in just 5 minutes.
These are the steps you have to follow:
- Choose one of the VPNs mentioned (ExpressVPN is our recommended option) in the table above
- Visit the official website of the provider and purchase a subscription
- Now visit Play Store and search for the VPN of your choice
- Loading And Installations VPN app on your device
- Launch the app and enter the login details you used to purchase the subscription
- Choose a VPN server of your choice and use the web anonymously
How to set up a VPN on Samsung Galaxy S8
Here are the steps you can follow to start using a VPN on Galaxy S8 in just 3 minutes:
- Choose one of our recommended S8 VPN services (I recommend ExpressVPN)
- Next, go to the official website of the VPN provider and create an account there
- Now, choose the VPN package plan, select the payment method and make the payment
- Go to PlayStore on your phone and find your VPN provider app
- Download and install the VPN app on the Galaxy S8
- Turn on the VPN, go to the list of servers and connect to the server of the desired country
- Upon successful connection, you are ready to access many geo-blocked sites and services including BBC iPlayer, HBO Now, Fox Go, CNBC, ABC and more on your Galaxy S8 from anywhere in the world.
How to set up a VPN on Samsung Galaxy S6 & S7
Since the Galaxy range of phones uses Android as the default operating system, you can simply install most of the VPN apps directly from the PlayStore:
- Open PlayStore
- Find your favorite VPN provider for example ExpressVPN
- Click on Installations button
- When the application finishes installing, launch it
- Enter your login credentials
- Choose a server location of your choice and you are now successfully connected to your VPN!
How to configure VPN on Samsung Galaxy Note 5
Fortunately, you can set up a VPN on your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 right away. Here’s how you can do that:
Go to your phone menu and tap “Settings”
Choose “links” from the top bar
Click “mobile networks”
tap on “+” From the top right corner of the screen to add a new VPN connection
Enters VPN connection name, select the desired tunnel protocol, enter the server address as provided by the VPN service and hit save
You will now be able to see your new VPN connection in the list
Press the newly created connection to connect
If the connection is successful, the VPN connection status will switch to Connected, and you will be able to access thousands of geo-restricted websites instantly. In addition, 100% anonymity and protection from every cyber threat will be an added advantage of using a VPN. Enjoy!
How to set up a VPN on Galaxy Note 4
You can download and install VPN on Galaxy Note 4 in a few minutes. Equipping your Galaxy Note 4 will make sure that all blocked websites and streaming channels are available to you and all your internet traffic and data in your phone are safe from the likes of online monitoring agencies, hackers and malware.
- Click on “Implementation” that appears on the main screen
- Now toggle the list, until you find a file “Settings” Tab
- Now looking for an option “more networks”
- You will be presented with Basic VPN And “Advanced IP Sec” and options
- Click on any of them and enter the username, password and other details that the VPN provider gave you
Privacy issues in Samsung smartphones
The connected world we live in today is characterized by unprecedented convenience. But at the same time, this interconnectedness has made it difficult to keep our lives to ourselves.
Samsung Galaxy S9 has encountered a serious issue of violating users’ privacy. Friends of some S9 owners suddenly started receiving selfies taken from the owner’s phone last year.
Oddly enough, the owners only discovered this suspicious bug after their friends asked them about the photos they had received.
The ‘error’ used Samsung SMS app to send photos to user contacts without the user’s knowledge and without leaving any trace of them on the sender’s phone.
We cannot say what kind of privacy issues the upcoming flagship S10 will present to us. The only thing we know is that whether it’s iOS, Android or Windows, privacy issues are always there to annoy us in one way or another.
This is why it is important to be careful and use a VPN service to protect your privacy online. You never know what kind of vulnerabilities your phone has.
Samsung Mobile Play Store is used to download apps and is an open source app that can easily invite bugs, malware, viruses, and more. Also, if you are traveling and want to use public Wi-Fi, there is a chance that your phone may be hacked.
So, you just need to install a VPN on Samsung Mobile which will keep your online activity anonymous from anyone trying to access your phone. It will also hide your original IP address and assign you a different IP. I have also discussed some of the best VPNs from Samsung that are doing the best in 2021.