How to install a VPN on your iPhone
Installing a VPN on iPhone is very simple, just as it should be. Today’s walkthrough shows you how to install three of the best VPNs on the market on your iOS device, step-by-step. Continue reading the installation, setup, and configuration instructions for ExpressVPN, NordVPN, and IPVanish on your Apple phone.
When you’re traveling with your iPhone, you’re probably connected to several public Wi-Fi networks while you’re abroad. Whether you’re at a coffee shop or visiting the library, it’s always helpful to find a public Wi-Fi that you can use to check your email etc.
Do you have a short time? Here are the best VPNs with iPhone apps:
- NordVPN – Best VPN on iPhone NordVPN’s fully featured iOS app gives you access to the world’s most powerful server network, complete with military-grade encryption, an automatic kill switch, and no logging.
- ExpressVPN – Very fast network, high-end tunnels, dynamic IP rotation, which is good for Netflix.
- IPVanish – A tried and true privacy solution for privacy-focused iPhone users around the world.
But did you know that by connecting to an unsecured public network, you can expose your phone to hackers who can steal your personal data? You need to protect yourself when using public networks, and the best way to do that is by using a VPN.
If you are new to the world of VPNs, don’t worry. Today we are going to talk briefly about why you want to have a VPN on your phone and then show you how to do it How to set up a VPN on iPhone.
30 day money back guarantee
Why you should use a VPN
We’ll get straight to setup instructions in a second. But first, here are some reasons why you might want a VPN for your iPhone:
- Protect yourself from hackers. As mentioned above, if you connect to a public Wi-Fi network with your iPhone, you may be vulnerable to hackers, as other people on the same network may be able to access the information you send over the network. A VPN prevents hackers from seeing your data by encrypting everything before sending it over the Internet.
- Protect your privacy. When you use your iPhone on your home network, if it’s not secured, your ISP can see every website you access and every file you download. If you want to maintain your privacy, especially if you are downloading or streaming a lot of content, you should use a VPN to prevent your ISP from seeing your internet usage.
- Getting around regional restrictions. When you use video streaming websites such as Netflix, the content available can depend on geographical restrictions. If you want to view another country’s version of Netflix, or if you want to use local sites like BBC’s iPlayer, you can use a VPN to spoof your location and stream the content you want.See also: How to access blocked websites on iPhone
If this is the highest level of security you are looking for, we recommend NordVPN. In addition to strong encryption and an industry-standard no-logs policy, NordVPN has additional security features like double encryption to keep you as secure as possible. The connections are fast enough to meet all your needs and the server network is impressive, with over 5,700 servers in over 60 different countries.
There is an app for the iPhone as well as software available for Windows, Mac OS, Linux, iOS, Chrome OS, Android, and Windows Phone, as well as a Chrome browser extension.
Read the full NordVPN review.
- Optimized servers to unblock Netflix
- A bewildering number of servers
- Strong encryption is used on all connections
- based in Panama
- Live chat support is available.
- Sometimes it’s slow to process refunds (but it always does).
How to install NordVPN app on iPhone
If you want to install NordVPN on your iPhone, you can follow the instructions written below:
- Open your browser and go to https://nordvpn.com/
- go to Arithmetic Then enter your email address and password and click sign in
- This will take you to your Profile personly Now click on download area
- find iOS section and click on Request. Alternatively, go directly to the page in the App Store using this link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nordvpn-worlds-most-advanced/id905953485?ls=1&mt=8
- Click on the blue box Get button, then press it again when it says Installations. You may have to enter your passcode or Touch ID to continue.
- Wait a moment for the app to install. Once it’s completed, the button that said Install earlier will now appear Open. Open your new app by clicking this button.
- You can now use NordVPN app
How to set up and use NordVPN for iPhone
- Once you open NordVPN and sign in, you’ll see the main screen, which shows you a map of potential server locations you can connect to.
- The first thing you want to do is log into your account. Click on User Code in the upper left corner, then in sign in. Enter your credentials to continue.
- Now that you’re logged in, try using speed dial feature by clicking on the button under File main screen. You will be asked to give the app permission to continue. Allow, then enter your passcode or your Touch ID. This feature will evaluate the performance of servers near you, and automatically choose the fastest one for you.
- Alternatively, click File List in the lower right corner of main screen To manually choose a country-based server, or one of NordVPN’s specialized servers: Anti DDoS, Dedicated IP Servers, Onion Over VPN, or P2P.
- Whatever server you choose, you will need to confirm your choice and connect to it by clicking On/Off button.
- Wait a moment for the connection to be established. Once the power button turns green, you know your VPN is active and your iPhone is protected
If you are looking for some of the fastest connections in a VPN game, we recommend you to give ExpressVPN a try. It has excellent security, with strong 256-bit AES encryption and a no-logs policy to protect your privacy. In addition, you will have access to a huge network of servers, with more than 3000 servers in 145 different locations in 94 countries for everything you need.
In addition to a dedicated iPhone app, you can get ExpressVPN for Windows, Mac OS, Android, and Linux so that you can secure your other devices in addition to your iPhone with just one subscription. The software also has special features like a speed test to help you find the fastest server you can connect to, a DNS leak test, and an IP address checker to make sure your connection is properly secured.
Read our full ExpressVPN review.
- Special offer: 3 months free (49% off – link below)
- 3000+ super fast servers
- No DNS/IP Leaks Found
- Strict no-logs policy for personal information
- Customer service (24/7 chat).
- Max 3 connections simultaneously
- A little more expensive than the competition.
How to install ExpressVPN app on iPhone
Follow the instructions below to install ExpressVPN on your iPhone. This tutorial is guaranteed to work with both iOS 9 and 10:
- Turn on your iPhone and open a file App Store
- Use the search icon to search for it ExpressVPN. It’s the red V-shaped logo. Alternatively, go directly to this page: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/expressvpn/id886492891?mt=8
- Click the blue square Get button, then press it again when it says Installations
- Wait a moment for the app to install. Once it’s completed, the button that said Install earlier will now appear Open. Click on it to open the app
- This will open the ExpressVPN app for the first time
How to set up ExpressVPN on iPhone
- When the app opens, you will see options for either of them Create an account or for sign in with your account. If you already have an ExpressVPN account, you can go ahead and choose sign in
- The login screen will appear. Here is where you must enter your ExpressVPN account information. Login E-mail address and the The password that you chose when signing up for ExpressVPN
- Now click sign in
- You will now see a wizard that will help you set up your VPN. The first screen says Configure your VPN And you just need to click Allow To start the configuration process
- You will see a popup for iOS informing you that ExpressVPN wants to add VPN configurations. You have to click Allow. You may need to enter your device passcode at this time
- After that, you will be asked to decide whether to receive Notices About ExpressVPN Ads and Service Alerts. The decision is yours, but we are Permissible He. She
- Now you will see a screen titled Help improve ExpressVPN, which asks if you want to send anonymous information about your VPN connections. There is no personal data contained in this information, but only in the event that we prefer to opt out by choice do not allow
- Once done, setup is complete and you will see a file Full setup! page
How to use ExpressVPN on iPhone
- The first screen you’ll see when you open ExpressVPN has a large, circular gray button in the middle of the screen. All you have to do is push the button And the app will start connecting you to the VPN server
- You will see a text that says .. And you have the option to cancel if it takes too long. It usually only takes a second thought, then you’ll see a text that says VPN is on The button will be on a green background
- You now know that your VPN is connected and keeps you safe. You can leave the ExpressVPN app and open any other app like a web browser, and all the information your device sends will be encrypted
- To quickly check your VPN connection, look in the status bar for the VPN icon: a small square with the letters VPN When you see this icon, you know the VPN is connected
- When you hit a connection, you’ll be connected by default using the smart location feature that finds a server near you at maximum speeds. But if you want to connect to a server in a specific location — for example, if you want to connect to a server in the US to watch Comedy Central videos — you have to click the smaller circular button to the right of the big connect button that says Choose a location
- On the site selection page, you will see four options. At the top there is a file search bar, where you can enter a city or country name to quickly search for a server in that location. Here are three options for sorting the data: recommended, all, And accident. Recommended It lists the most used and fastest countries to call, with each country flag to help you find it quickly. everyone It has a list of all servers available across the entire network, sorted by continent. And accident Shows you the servers you connected to recently
- Once you choose a server to connect to, click on it and you will be connected to the new location
- If there is a site that you use for your servers a lot, you can add it to your favourites by clicking on the star to the right of the country name, which will then turn red. You can see your favorite list in accident Tab
- Now your VPN is connected and your device is protected
If you want a VPN that covers all the bases: security, speed, and flexibility, then you should have a look at IPVanish. This provider is known for its super fast connection speeds and they also have a large server network of more than 1,300 servers in more than 75 locations around the world. Security is strong, with…