How to use a VPN with Mobile Legends
As a Mobile Legends player, you know that this top-rated game designed for Android and iOS is not without issues. Slow connections, difficulties in matchmaking, and security issues are some of the drawbacks that users face.
If you are looking for a way to overcome these problems, then you are in the right place. This article presents the steps for using a VPN on Android and iPhone when playing Mobile Legends, a simple solution to common user frustrations.
Why should you use a VPN for Mobile Legends?
There are many benefits to using a VPN when playing Mobile Legends.
While most players use a VPN to prevent lag, in Mobile Legends, many players use a VPN to achieve the opposite. Servers experiencing significant spikes in lag are leaving the games of this server’s original players frozen. By logging into an overburdened server like this, you can sweep and kill your opponents, which puts you ahead in the game. While it is considered cheating, this offer does not stop many Mobile Legends players from using this tactic.
If you’re not looking to cheat, the improved speeds that come with using a VPN mean less lag and less chance of your player getting killed or missing out on a good match.
Another reason to use a VPN with Mobile Legends is to match. Using a VPN allows you to connect to opponents at your level from all over the world.
Bandwidth throttling is a practice used by many ISPs. Unfortunately, it often slows down gameplay speeds and can lead to a poor gaming experience.
Using a VPN when playing a game like Mobile Legends prevents this from happening. A VPN hides the content or gaming website you are visiting from your Internet Service Provider (ISP). If your ISP can’t see what you’re doing, it won’t throttle your bandwidth, leaving you with unimpeded gaming speeds.
Finally, a VPN will help you solve security issues as well. Whether there are government restrictions on the game or you want to protect your data from internet thieves, using a VPN is a great way to do that.
How to Activate a VPN on Your iPhone for Mobile Legends
Using a VPN on your mobile device is relatively easy. There are a range of VPN providers out there, but since ExpressVPN is the fastest available, we’ll use them in our instructions. Here are the steps to follow to activate the VPN on your iPhone for Mobile Legends:
- Sign up for ExpressVPN
- From the AppStore, download ExpressVPN.
- Once downloaded, you will need to create an account with ExpressVPN and log in. Note that you will need a monthly subscription to use the service.
- Once logged in, read the Privacy Agreement. Then, to continue, click on the Agree and Continue button.
- Press “Continue” to set up your VPN.
- ExpressVPN will open a popup asking to add VPN configurations. Click “Allow”.
- On the next page, enter your passcode to continue.
- Choose your preference for ExpressVPN notifications and press OK.
- A new page will ask you if you want to help improve ExpressVPN; Select either OK or No, thanks. You can always change this setting later.
Your VPN is now set up. Now you will need to set your location to activate the VPN before logging in to Mobile Legends. These are the steps you will need to follow:
- Run ExpressVPN on your iPhone.
- On the Home screen that opens, tap the three dots icon next to the Smart Location bar. The different sites available will appear in a drop down list.
- Select the site that best suits your needs by clicking on the “All Sites” tab.
- From here, select the continent, country, and state where you want to set your location. The Home screen should automatically appear once you’ve made your selection.
- Press the large “Connect” button on the screen. When connected, the ring around the button turns green. Your IP address is now set to the location you chose. Your VPN is activated.
- Play Mobile Legends on your iPhone. You will now be connected to your new site’s server.
How to Activate VPN on Android for Mobile Legends
Applying and activating the VPN on your Android device so that you can enjoy a better gaming experience is simple; Here’s how to do it:
- Sign up for an ExpressVPN account
- Make your way to the Google Play Store, and search for ExpressVPN. Download and install it.
- Once the app is installed, create an account and login.
- The next page will ask you if you want to help improve ExpressVPN, choose OK or No, thanks. You can always change this setting at a later stage.
- To set up your VPN, click OK.
- A pop-up will ask for your permission to approve ExpressVPN’s connection request. Click OK.
Note that the app is only compatible with Android 5.0 and can be downloaded for free. However, to use the VPN for more than a month, you need to sign up for a monthly subscription.
The VPN is now set up on your Android device.
Now that your VPN is installed and set up, you need to select your new location and activate your VPN before logging into Mobile Legends. These instructions will guide you:
- Turn on ExpressVPN.
- Tap the icon with three horizontal dots.
- In the Sites list, click the All Sites tab at the top of the screen.
- Choose your continent, country, then state. After making your selection, the app will go back to the Home screen.
- If the connection does not start automatically, click the “Connect” button. When connected, the ring around the button will turn green and read “Connected”.
- Launch the Mobile Legends app.
Additional questions and answers
Will using a VPN cause a delay when I play?
No. Using a VPN allows you to connect to a server that is not overpopulated, allowing for lower delays, faster response time, and faster matchmaking. The only time you might see a lag is if you’re logged into a busy server. However, in this case, the original users of that server will be experiencing the latency, not you.
Can I get a VPN ban?
In the case of most games, using a VPN can start up and possibly block you from the platform. However, the maker of Mobile Legends, Moonton, is more lenient with this. The reason is that many countries have banned the game, and allowing players to connect to a VPN allows the company to maintain the popularity of the game and the number of players dwindles.
VPN is enabled
Downloading and activating a VPN on your Android or iOS device is relatively easy once you know how. Using this tool can elevate your gaming experience when playing Mobile Legends by eliminating latency, improving security and allowing for quick matchmaking. Follow the easy steps given in this guide multiple times and you will level up like a pro.
Have you played Mobile Legends on your iPhone or Android with VPN activation? Did you use a process similar to the one described in this guide? Let us know in the comments section below.