Install Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client on Windows PC
This article shows you how to download and install Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client on your Windows PC.
This article only applies to RV34x series routers, not Enterprise products.
AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client is a modular endpoint software product. It not only provides VPN access through Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Internet Protocol Security (IPsec) version 2 of Internet Key Exchange (IKEv2) but also offers enhanced security through several built-in modules.
AnyConnect software version
Install AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client
This altered section provides details and instructions for beginners.
Not using Windows? Check out these other articles!
Applicable devices | Software version
AnyConnect client licenses allow the use of AnyConnect desktop clients in addition to any of the available AnyConnect mobile clients. you will need
Client A license to download and use the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client. A client license enables VPN functionality and is sold in bundles from 25 partners such as CDW or through the purchase of your corporate device.
Want to learn more about the AnyConnect license? Here are some resources:
Open a web browser and go to the Cisco Software Downloads webpage.
In the search bar, start typing “Anyconnect” and the options will appear. Choose AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client v4.x.
Download the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client. Most users will choose a file AnyConnect Pre-Deployment Package (Windows) Selection.
The images in this article are for AnyConnect v4.10.x, which was the latest version at the time of writing this document.
If you purchased a license and are unable to download AnyConnect, call +1919-993-2724. Select option 2. You will need to know your Cisco ID (which you use to sign in to Cisco.com) and the sales order number when you call. They will correct this situation.
Windows File Explorer navigated to the installer file. Double click Setup.exe to start the installation process.
Check the Downloads folder to locate the AnyConnect files. Browser-based downloads are often deposited into the Downloads folder on your windows device. Often looks like the path to the file
C: Users[Your User ID]Downloads With C: / referring to your hardware storage drive.
A popup may ask for permissions, in this case, select Yes. If the popup asks if you are sure you want to run this program, select He runs.
Select the check boxes for the modules that you need to install.
- Core and VPN Includes AnyConnect core client with VPN capability.
- Get started before logging in The user sees the AnyConnect GUI login dialog before the Windows login dialog appears.
- Network Access Manager It is a client program that provides a secure Layer 2 network.
- VPN Mode (Hostscan) – Provides the customer with the ability to learn about the operating system, anti-virus, anti-spyware and firewall software installed on the host.
- Enable AMP It is used as an intermediary for deploying Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) to endpoints.
- grid vision unit – It collects rich streaming context from an endpoint in or out of the premise and provides visibility of networked devices.
- Cloud web security An endpoint component that routes HTTP traffic to the Cisco Cloud Web Security scan agent.
- Comprehensive roaming security Provides DNS layer security when the VPN is not active.
- ISE position – It is similar to VPN Posture; Performs an evaluation on the part of the client.
- select all – Selects all units.
- Diagnostic and reporting tool – It is used to collect data to troubleshoot AnyConnect installation and connection issues.
All modules will be installed by default unless you manually uncheck the boxes.
(Optional) Check out Component Service Insurances Check box if the feature needs to be enabled. Enabling this feature will prevent users from disabling the Windows Web Security service.
In this example, component services lockout is not enabled.
click selector install.
Review the Additional User License Agreement carefully and then click Agree.
Conclusion and next steps after installation
Here you are! You have now successfully installed the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client on your computer.
Wondering what are the next steps? do not worry. If you need help configuring AnyConnect on your router, check that the AnyConnect VPN connection is configured on your RV34x Series router.
We want the best for our customers, so you have any comments or suggestions regarding this topic, please send us an email to the Cisco Content Team.
By the way, once the configurations on the router are completed, you can view your connection on the lower right side of your screen. tap on up arrow Hover over the AnyConnect icon to see details.
Anyconnect app can be downloaded from Google Play Store or Apple Store.