Secure Vpn for Mac
Privacy is a major concern and with the rise of nefarious cybercrime, one has to be extra careful while surfing the internet. To keep your online privacy intact and access blocked websites in your country, you can use a VPN. With a VPN installed on your Mac, you can hide your IP address and access blocked content easily.
- Norton Secure Vpn for Mac Problems
- Best secure VPN for Mac for free
A VPN broadens the horizon and exposes you to a variety of content, which you cannot access in your area. Moreover, it is an excellent tool that helps you maintain privacy and anonymity when browsing the web. Most VPNs are available at the lowest cost but if you are looking for a VPN app, we will help you with that. Before that, you need to know what a VPN does and how to choose the best free VPN for Mac?
Download the Pulse Secure Desktop client for Mac OS X. Click on the file to extract the installer. Double click on the pkg file to start the installation process. Once the installer starts, click Continue. A Virtual Private Network (VPN) for Mac ® helps protect the security and privacy of your data while you surf and use the Internet. While Macs are generally known to be fairly secure in the Mac ecosystem, your browsing activity on the network can still be compromised. The above free VPNs can easily secure your Mac. Most free VPN services do more harm than good. It’s hard to find a reliable free VPN service. But I tested a lot of VPNs to find the best one that is completely secure. Avast SecureLine VPN is our Virtual Private Network (VPN) for PC, Mac, Android and iPhone/iPad. Use it to encrypt your internet connection, hide your location, and prevent others from seeing what you’re doing on any Wi-Fi network.
What does a VPN do and how do you choose the best free VPN for Mac?
A VPN acts like a firewall, enabling users to securely access the private network and facilitating remote data sharing over public networks. VPN services mostly make use of a desktop app that runs in the background to encrypt your data when browsing the web. However, this is not the ultimate solution to protect your privacy, but just a part of it. Before choosing a free VPN for Mac, you need to consider a few things. Some of them are free bandwidth, prime sites, P2P, ad blocking, and more. We have listed some of the best VPN services for Mac, take a look!
1. CyberGhost VPN
CyberGhost VPN is a complete VPN solution that allows you to access blocked websites, stream sports events, play region-locked games and more. Let’s look at the features of CyberGhost VPN:
- Connects you to everything while keeping privacy intact
- Hides your Wi-Fi address, to make your online browsing secure.
- Guards your online identity and secures your banking transactions.
- One-click protection to encrypt data transmission.
- It automatically connects you to the best matching server based on location.
- It allows you to enjoy the internet without any restrictions.
- CyberGhost VPN provides 24/7 customer support via live chat.
Surfshark is a secure VPN that provides private access to the open internet. This VPN encrypts all internet traffic shared between devices. In addition, the users’ IP address is also hidden so that no one can track your online activity. Let’s look at Surfshark’s features in detail:
- It provides a clean browsing experience by blocking ads, malware, and more.
- It allows specific apps and websites to bypass the VPN.
- It comes with AES 256-GCM encryption to protect personal information from hackers and third parties.
- It provides a camouflaging mode so that no one including your internet provider can recognize that you are using a VPN.
3. Nord VPN
Nord VPN is one of the best free VPN for Mac because it provides a secure and private network. Let’s look at the features of Nord VPN:
- It protects you while on public Wifi networks, annoying ads, and secures your online activity from malware and other cybercrime.
- It enables you to secure up to 6 devices with a single Nord VPN account.
- It allows you to enjoy unlimited internet, no matter where you travel.
- It secures your IP address so that no one can track which websites you have browsed and files you have downloaded.
Nord VPN comes with excellent customer service and is always ready to support every hour of the day
4. Hotspot Shield
HotSpot Shield is a secure VPN that comes with super fast VPN servers that come with military grade encryption. Let’s take a look at the features of Hotspot Shield:
- It supports all platforms, so you can download and access Hotspot Shield on any device you want.
- You can have secure internet access without being hacked or tracked.
- It hides your IP address and the actual location of the VPN server.
- Hotspot Shield VPN does not log your browsing activity, so your ISP cannot track the websites or apps you use.
HotSpot Shield comes with a Kill Switch protection that protects your identity in case you lose your connection for some time so you are not vulnerable for even a second.
TunnelBear is a secure VPN that works well and provides a private connection to the less restricted internet. With this free VPN, you can hide your IP address and location from websites, ads and hackers. Let’s look at TunnelBear’s features in detail:
- It comes with 256-bit AES encryption that protects your personal information from third parties and hackers while using public Wi-Fi.
- Makes access to your emails, local news and favorite websites while traveling abroad.
- It limits advertisers from tracking your online activities.
- You can stream faster with TunnelBear VPN and you can also avoid being tracked by your ISP.
TunnelBear is one of the best VPN software for Mac because it does not log any activity of its clients and keeps privacy intact. You can also use TunnelBear against VPN blocking with the Ghostbear feature as it makes your VPN data less vulnerable to detection by ISPs, governments or others.
6. Express VPN
Express VPN is fast speed and easy to use and setup which makes it the best VPN for macOS. It is secure and anonymous making it easy to keep you off the radar of hackers and privacy intruders. Let’s look at the features of Express VPN:
- It helps you to unblock websites and apps across 94 countries.
- It has a huge network of more than 2000 global VPN servers with faster connections and unlimited bandwidth.
- You can use Express VPN for Mac, iOS, Windows, Linux, and Android.
- It allows you to stream or download anything from anywhere in the world without revealing your IP address to hackers.
Express VPN comes with 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, DNS/IPv6 leak protection, and split tunneling. It comes with 148 VPN server locations in 94 countries with unlimited server switches.
7. VYPR VPN
VYPR VPN is one of the best VPN services for Mac that gives you internet privacy and freedom to browse any website without any intrusion. Let’s have a look at the features of VYPR VPN:
- It offers OpenVPN, Chameleon, PPTP, and L2TP/IPsec, so you can choose your preferred level of speed, encryption, and protection.
- It allows you to connect to any VyprVPN server without any restrictions, switch server applications, and download limits.
- Vypr VPN offers more than 70 server locations across six continents.
- When you connect to VyprVPN, your ISP can only see your encrypted traffic.
Vypr VPN includes a NAT firewall to provide an extra layer of security. It has a 24*7*365 support team to help you via email or live chat.
8. Hide me
Hide me is one of the best VPN software for Mac if you want to keep your identity and encrypt your connection. Let’s have a look at the features of Hide.me:
- It has more than 150 Gigabit dedicated servers across Europe, US and Asia so that you can access websites securely.
- I manage and create without logging user data or activities. Therefore, your information does not go to a third party.
- It has many VPN protocols like PPTP, SoftEther, SSTP, L2TP/IPsec, OpenVPN, IKEv2
- It comes with 256-bit AES encryption with 8192-bit keys.
Hideme works on macOS, Windows, iOS, Android, routers, Linux, smart TVs, and consoles. It provides you complete protection against IPv6, IP leaks and DNS leaks.
9. Private tunnel
Private Tunnel is one of the best free VPN for Mac that comes with 50+ VPN servers in 23 regions in 12 countries. Let’s have a look at the features of Private Tunnel:
- It hides your public IP address and encrypts communications to protect your privacy.
- It protects your network from online threats, and limits cyber attacks, spoofing, and DDoS attacks.
- It connects your devices with unrestricted access to websites and information.
- Provides 24/7 online customer support through ticket system and chat support.
Private Tunnel comes with AES encryption, and the AES block size makes it less vulnerable to attacks than others. It encrypts the traffic, and secure connections on Wifi HotSpots too.
Norton Secure Vpn for Mac Problems
Windscribe is a secure VPN that unlocks all sites and comes with a configuration generator. It secures your identity by hiding your IP address and timestamp. Let’s take a look at Windscribe’s features:
- It has a larger network that comes with servers in more than 55 countries and 100 cities.
- It has the strongest encryption containing AES-256 encryption with SHA512 authentication and a 4096-bit RSA key.
- It helps you to create OpenVPN, SOCKS and IKEv2 configuration for all your devices.
- It blocks all connections outside the tunnel to avoid all kinds of hacks and leaks.
With this VPN, your PC becomes a secure Wi-Fi router. You can change your time zone and access blocked websites for your location. Windscribe blocks ads and trackers to get rid of hackers.
Best secure VPN for Mac for free
11. Speed up
Speedify is another best free VPN for Mac that comes with tethering technology, which enables you to use multiple internet connections at the same time to get maximum speed. Let’s have a look at the features of Speedify:
- You can have better live streaming and streaming without internet connection.
- You can set preference rules for all Internet connections individually to monitor usage.
- The server network covers 28 countries so you get a better connection based on availability and latency.
- This VPN also improves latency and reduces lag for faster gaming and reliable performance.
Uses a ChaCha or AES-based encryption algorithm, depending on device support, to provide security. Speedify doesn’t have a VPN policy for logging in, so nothing is tracked or tracked back.
Is a free VPN the right solution for your Mac?
There are plenty of free VPNs on the market, however, not every one of them works well on your Mac. You have to be very careful with free VPNs as they come with limitations such as limited data transfer, pop-up ads, slow speeds, and more. Although there are other disadvantages to using it like planting trackers and intrusive on your security and privacy.
So, we have listed some of the most secure and free unlimited VPN for Mac to help you stay anonymous and browse online without any restrictions or worries.