Just cut ripe yet firm pears into wedges and toss with some lemon juice to prevent them from browning. Lay a slice of pear, a piece of arugula, and a piece of blue cheese on a strip of prosciutto, then roll it up. Secure with a toothpick if necessary for the perfect two-bite hors d’oeuvre .
20 Festive Christmas Eve Dinner Ideas. Chef John’s Perfect Prime Rib. Credit: Scott. View Recipe. Perfectly pink prime rib will never go out of style, especially.
Ree’s crowd-pleasing stuffed mushrooms can work as an appetizer or a side dish for your Christmas Eve celebration. Get the Recipe: Sausage-Stuffed Mushrooms Collard Cobbler.
Cauliflower Gratin. Creamy, cheesy cauliflower will become a new favorite at your Christmas Eve dinner. It’s the perfect side to any holiday roast. Get Ree’s recipe. Brian Woodcock. 7 of 45. Shrimp Cocktail. Old bay seasoning, lemon, and garlic give this classic shrimp starter a.
23 Easy Christmas Eve Dinners
Seared Sausage With Cabbage and Pink Lady Apples. This simple winter meal is delicious and easy to make. Get the recipe. Brian Woodcock. 10 of 23. Strip Steak With Lemon Mashed Potatoes. For a dinner that’s tasty, feels fancy, and isn’t going to take all day to make, don’t forget a simple steak-and-potatoes dinner.
Preheat oven to 325°. Fit a roasting pan with a wire rack. Pour the water in the pan with the star anise and cloves. Put the ham on the wire rack and bake for 20 minutes. In a bowl, mix the brown sugar, dijon, honey, vinegar, Worcestershire and black pepper together until fully combined.
- Jammy Upside-Down Onion Tart (50 minutes) Pair this easy-yet-elegant tart with a big green salad .
- Strip Steak with Harissa Butter and Parsley Salad (20 minutes) Skip the steakhouse and make it at .
- Sausage and Fennel Pasta (25 minutes) You can thank the Italian sausage for infusing the dish with .
- Baked Ginger and Lemon Chicken (1 hour) Ooh, this flavor combination is so cozy. Bonus, you can .
- Antoni Porowski’s Lazy Pierogi with Wild Mushrooms, Cabbage and Prunes (35 minutes) Just .
- Sheet Pan Cashew Chicken (35 minutes) Consider this a lesson in how to sheet pan: The vegetables .
- Rigatoni with Vodka Sauce (30 minutes) FYI, a deeply flavorful and creamy vodka sauce isn’t .
- Spiced Lamb Meatball and Escarole Soup (45 minutes) This soup tastes like a million bucks—it was .
- Sheet Pan Tomato Basil Gnocchi (35 minutes) When baked on a sheet pan, store-bought gnocchi .
- Caramelized Mushroom Pasta with Crispy Prosciutto (30 minutes) This dish will convert even the .
- Stuffed Cabbage Rolls (Galumpkis)
- New Orleans-Style Barbecued Shrimp
- Yukon Gold Potatoes: Jacques Pepin Style
- PW’s Prime Rib with Rosemary Salt Crust
65 Best Christmas Dinner Ideas
To get you started, this list includes a variety of main courses, like citrus-brined turkey, Christmas hams, and Ree Drummond’s famous lasagna. Then again, you could always take the lead from Ree and prepare her gorgeous Christmas roast—a prime rib that’s fit for a crowd. “I’m not sure there’s anything more special and delicious at Christmastime than a beautiful, perfectly cooked piece of roast.
Christmas Prime Rib Dinner. With prime rib, such as our Christmas Prime Rib, you’re working with a very flavorful main dish. So you might opt for a subtle, simple baked potato or Yorkshire pudding with au jus on the side instead of a big, flavorful beef gravy over mashed potatoes..
Little Disclaimer: Get the free Christmas Eve Dinner Planning Guide for free to download! Register down below and get it to your inbox! Save . Christmas Eve Dinner Planing Guide. Guests. Mostly, the guests on Christmas remain the same every year and its mostly family. Needless to say, don’t feel pressured no matter who’s joining your dinner.
- Grilled lobster tails with lemon & herb butter. Kick off Christmas eve in style with these grilled .
- Festive porchetta. Tom Kerridge’s festive porchetta is full of Christmas spice and flavour, including .
- Smoked salmon & spinach gratin. This smoked salmon & spinach gratin is perfect for those who .
- Ginger-glazed ham. What could be more festive than this spiced ginger-glazed ham? It’s a simple .
- Pork wellington. This pork wellington is the ultimate posh sausage roll. It’s a little more challenging .
- Ale-glazed beef fillet with a crispy onion crust. This showstopping ale-glazed beef fillet with a crispy .
- Mussels in white wine sauce with garlic butter toasts. If you’re after a fish option, these classic .
- Three-cheese meatball lasagne. Celebrate Christmas Eve with a family-friendly dish like this three .
- Squash & chestnut crackers. Make these impressive squash & chestnut crackers for a veggie .
- Creamy fish & leek pie. Take a traditional pie to the next level with Tommy Banks’ creamy fish & leek .
35 Christmas Dinner Side Dishes | Taste of Home
Creamy Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes With five different dairy products, you know this make-ahead mashed potato casserole is going to be super rich and, of course, delicious. It gets even better topped with onions and bacon! —JoAnn Koerkenmeier, Damiansville, Illinois.
Whatever your fantasies are, these Christmas charcuterie board ideas like that will be on your table for dinner soon. Let’s take your cheddar board game to a higher level on Christmas. Make this stunning snackable spread of a consumable cornucopia spilling over with winter cheeses and a lot of natural products, vegetables, nuts.
- Get the recipe for Pepper-Crusted Prime Rib »
- Get the recipe for Glazed Green Beans »
- Get the recipe for Easy Vegetarian Lasagna With Spinach and Broccoli »
- Get the recipe for Eggnog »
- Get the recipe for Beef Wellington »
- Get the recipe for Creamy One-Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes »
- Get the recipe for Vegetable Torte »
- Get the recipe for Mint Chocolate Cookie Dough »
- Get the recipe for Mary Pickford »
- Get the recipe for Pineapple-Glazed Ham »
Parker Feierbach. 3 of 14. Caprese Steak. You only need to make two pieces of of Caprese Steak stacks for a special holiday dinner. Get the recipe from Delish. Ethan Calabrese. 4 of 14. Italian.
Christmas Eve Traditions: 17 Things To Do for Magical
- Open a Gift. By the time Christmas Eve rolls around, we’ve been sitting on secret gifts for weeks! It’s …
- Watch a Special Christmas Movie. Almost every family I know has that ONE particular Christmas …
- Read the Christmas Story in the Bible. Reading the story of Christ’s birth is a wonderful way to end …
- Have a Special Christmas Eve Dinner. Food is the basis of so many family traditions, so why not …
- Play a Family Game. Getting together for some fun game time is the perfect way to set the tone of …
- Give a Christmas Eve Box. What is a Christmas Eve box? This was new to me, too. And at first I …
- Christmas Eve Church Service. If you have older kids (or little ones who can handle a later bedtime), …
- Bake Cookies for Santa. We love making classic sugar cookies with icing for Santa. It’s easy and …
- All-day Pajama day with Games, Treats, and Crafts. Some families go all in on Christmas Eve every …
- Ornament Exchange. I love this lovely and meaningful Christmas Eve tradition that I picked up from …
Store bought pies, sides, and other fixings can cost you double at the store for your Christmas Day or Christmas Eve dinner! Save your money, and make as much as you can from scratch to keep your Christmas dinner on a budget!.
Appetizer – Baked Caprese Crostini. There’s nothing more classically Italian than the simple flavors of mozzarella, tomato and basil – the Caprese! The quintessential salad gets a new form in this recipe – crispy crostini get topped with a slice of tomato and mozzarella, and it gets warmed up and gooey in the oven.
In Italy, Christmas Eve dinner is traditionally lighter with no meat and a lot of seafood, while the Italian-American meal has evolved into much more of a feast. Bring on the sword fish, tuna, salmon, octopus salad, smelts, calamari, spaghetti with clam sauce and the famous Italian classic—salted cod, known as baccalà.
Our 2020 Christmas Eve and Christmas Day Dinner Menu
So happy I found you while searching for a Christmas Eve dinner menu that my entire family would enjoy this year! With Christmas music playing all day, we made the roasted beef tenderloin, crispy cheesy potato stacks, winter pomegranate salad,.
21 of 64. Old-Fashioned Eggnog. Eggnog is the best after dinner drink on Christmas—especially this old-fashioned version full of nutmeg, cinnamon, and of course, your dark liquor of choice. Get the recipe.
Christmas dinner must be one of life’s most stressful meals to prepare. Starting the process a few months, weeks or even days in advance can certainly take the pressure off. Here are the Christmas foods you should be prepping right now.
- Smoked Salmon Crostini. Smoked salmon crostini is a fantastic appetizer at .
- Spinach and Artichoke Dip. This warm dip is a great option to occupy your guests’ .
- Duck Liver Pâté. Duck liver pâté is an elegant addition to your holiday table, and its .
- Cheese Ball with Pecans. Cheddar and cream cheese are the base for this .
- Cranberry Brie Bites. Bite-sized Brie and cranberry puffs are wonderful appetizers .
- Prime Rib Roast. Serving prime rib is such a treat for your guests, and that’s why .
- Roasted Rack of Lamb. Roasted rack of lamb makes a stunning presentation on .
- Goose Roast. Bring to life the world of Charles Dickens by making roast goose, as .
- Southern Pot Roast. Pot roast is a wonderful way to enjoy the rich and savory .
- Honey-Glazed Ham. If you want a stunning Christmas dinner centerpiece, this .