This beautiful composition written by Australian composer William G. James has been covered by almost every Australian musical act there is. However, this fantastic version from Aussie country singer, Lee Kernaghan, captures the beauty of the imagery and the magnificent music of James. If playback doesn’t begin shortly, try restarting your device.
As seen on Channel 7 Carols in the Domain, written and performed by Amber Lawrence.Produced by Simon Johnson – Hillbilly Hut Studios Cooranbong Australia.Ava.
The Aussie Christmas Song is now available on iTunes – Add it to your Christmas song list – click on the link below and then click view in iTunes, go to iTun.
- Aussie Jingle Bells by Bucko & Champs. Dashing through the bush, in a rusty Holden Ute, Kicking up .
- Aussie Christmas by Sammy J & Randy. Sammy: Happy Christmas, Randy! Randy: Christmastime! .
- Aussie Aussie Christmas by Amber Lawrence. At an Aussie Aussie Christmas. There’s more prawns .
- How to Make Gravy by Paul Kelly. Hello Dan, it’s Joe here, I hope you’re keeping well. It’s the 21st of .
- White Wine In The Sun by Tim Minchin. I really like Christmas. It’s sentimental, I know, but I just .
- Christmas Photo by John Williamson. It’s December in Australia; Time to remember all the family. .
- Three Drovers by Lee Kernaghan. Across the plains one Christmas night. Three drovers riding blithe .
- Carol of the Birds by Bucko & Champs. Out on the plains the brolgas are dancing. Lifting their feet .
- Six White Boomers by Rolf Harris. Early on one Christmas Day a joey kangaroo, Was far from home .
- 12 Days of Aussie Christmas by Colin Buchanan. On the first day of Christmas, my best mate gave .
SEE US LIVE! https://www.auntydonna.com/showsSUBSCRIBE: https://goo.gl/BUKkZUDownload Aunty Donna’s ‘Aussie Christmas Carol’ for FREE: https://soundcloud.co.
- Zefereli – ‘Oh Christmas’ At the heart of it all, Christmas is about togetherness. Sure, buying each …
- Polish Club – ‘All I Want For Christmas Is You’ What’s one of the most well-known and overplayed …
- AC/DC – ‘Mistress For Christmas’ You can’t spell ‘Christmas’ without ‘AC/DC’ (trust us), which is why …
- Darren Hanlon – ‘Spend Christmas Day With Me’ Taken from his suitably named Christmas Songs …
- Damien Cowell’s Disco Machine – ‘I Hope You Get Laid For Christmas’ The voice of Melbourne cult …
- Hoodoo Gurus – ‘Little Drummer Boy (Up The Khyber)’ Back in 1991, Hoodoo Gurus were picked for …
- Tim Minchin – ‘White Wine In The Sun’ Characterised as a “Christmas song for the non-believers”, …
- Paul Kelly – ‘How To Make Gravy’ Alright, when you saw the words ‘Aussie” and ‘Christmas’, your …
- triple j – ‘Christmas Number One’ You’ve seen all those classic Christmas songs that inexplicably …
- Yidcore – ‘Lonely Jew At Christmas’ At Christmas time, it’s also pretty easy to forget that there’s …
10 of the best Aussie Christmas songs of all time
At last! The Original video clip of “Aussie Jingle Bells”, from the classic album “Aussie Christmas with Bucko & Champs” (available on iTunes or from www.c.
Funny Australian Christmas Song“Aussie Jingle Bells”★★★★★♫ MY RATINGS TODATE ON MY LATEST UPLOAD: #2 – Top Rated (Today) – Music – Australia #5- Most Dis.
Instead of snow and yule log fires, an Australian Christmas songs are more likely to be about the surf and sun. Here are some suggested titles to get you started: “The Carol of the Birds”.
Aussie Aussie Christmas For every girl and boy Aussie Aussie Christmas Way too hot for snow Santa’s got board shorts on, zinc on his nose And sand between his toes Board shorts on, zinc on his nose And sand between his toes At an Aussie Aussie Christmas There’s Nona and there’s Nanna There’s Grandpa and there’s Opa And everyone gets along At an Aussie Aussie Christmas.
Some great Australian acts have written Christmas songs to celebrate the Down Under Christmas and the summer sun. Honorable mentions to The.
The best Australian Christmas songs
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way, Christmas in Australia on a scorching summers day, Hey! Jingle bells, jingle bells, Christmas time is beaut!, Oh what fun it is to ride in a rusty Holden Ute (Contributed by Shelley Botka – December 2005).
So this year I’m very pleased to have discovered a new Aussie Christmas song to ‘give’ you. Time for a singalong Any of you who have read any of the above-mentioned links or poured through my Christmas Box Gift Set will know that Christmases in Australia are very different than those in so many other countries.
Another Aussie Christmas offering this week. There’s a few very Aussie words in this one, so it will be interesting to see if it’s understandable to my Northern hemisphere poetry friends. Let me know if there’s anything you don’t get! A Christmas Song. We sing of jingle bells and snow, of warm red suits and ho ho ho;.
Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas It Came Upon a Midnight Clear Jingle Bells Jingle Bell Rock O Come All Ye Faithful Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer Santa Claus is coming to town Silent Night The First Noel. If you have a sense of humour, checkout the Burger King “ding fries are done” BK Holiday song. Google it. Australian Christmas Carols.
Written at the last minute for a radio appearance in 1992, Colin Buchanan’s Aussie Jingle has become an Australian Christmas classic. First appearing on Buchanan’s 1993 album “Hard Times”, it was then released on his platinum-selling collaboration with fellow songwriter Greg Champion, “Aussie Christmas with Bucko & Champs”.
Australian Christmas Songs: Aussie Jingle Bells
Aussie Aussie Aussie… Oi Oi Oi And the backyard cricket just the ticket while you wait to eat Had my christmas dinner now it’s time to think it over how bout if there enough room for a piece of pavlova Come on… come on… this is an aussie christmas song Oh – Come on… come on… this is an aussie christmas song well Christmas is spent by the beach relaxing in the sun watching tennis on tv when hewitt.
But all these have become an inspiration for most of the Christmas carols and songs in Australia. ‘Jingle Bells’ is the one among such wonderfully tuned Christmas songs.
There are a number of versions of the Australian 12 Days of Christmas with some using different animals. This is the one I am most familiar with: On the first day of Christmas My true love sent to me, An emu up a gum tree. … Last Post: Aussie Christmas Song Videos.
5 Responses to “The Australian “Twelve Days of Christmas”” lisa Says: November 8th, 2006 at 6:53 am. thank you so much as a child care worker it is sometimes hard to find the exact words to songs. Aussie Says: December 10th, 2007 at 8:40 pm. We sang this version when I was at school.
Actually, the true Christmas Season in Australia starts on the very first day of Christmas i.e. 25th December and the rest twelve days are counted from December 25th to January 5th. Here i am going to explain the things that happen during Christmas festive season and also about the song.
Twelve Days of Christmas Aussie Style
The unofficial Aussie Christmas song is, poignantly, sung from behind bars. With all the snow and reindeer tropes, it can feel like Australians are already one step removed from the traditional.
To celebrate I thought I’d post another of my Aussie Christmas songs. I did an Aussie take on Jingle Bells last year and The Aussie 12 Days of Christmas in 2008, so I guess it’s become something of a Christmas tradition on my blog now! This year I thought I’d do We Wish You a Merry Christmas.