Christmas Dinner Menu Simple, fresh, and delicious sides complement spicy ham for a memorable yuletide meal. Cinnamon Stewed Apples and Brussels Sprouts with Pecans complement Fire and Spice Ham, which features a delicious glaze made from pepper jelly and pineapple preserves.
- Stuffed Cabbage Rolls (Galumpkis)
- New Orleans-Style Barbecued Shrimp
- Yukon Gold Potatoes: Jacques Pepin Style
- PW’s Prime Rib with Rosemary Salt Crust
Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes. “This recipe is a definite keeper,” says Curtislee. Roasted garlic and Parmesan cheese turn these ordinary mashed spuds into a fantastic Christmas side. Reheat on medium-low heat with a splash of milk until creamy.
From appetizers (like this Traditional Christmas Cheese Ball ), to main courses (this Easy Slow Cooker Ham comes together without the fuss that is typically associated with holiday hams), to desserts (your Christmas table wouldn’t be complete without a classic Pumpkin Pie ), simplify your meal with our 25 best easy Christmas dinner menu ideas.
65 Best Christmas Dinner Ideas
To get you started, this list includes a variety of main courses, like citrus-brined turkey, Christmas hams, and Ree Drummond’s famous lasagna. Then again, you could always take the lead from Ree and prepare her gorgeous Christmas roast—a prime rib that’s fit for a crowd. “I’m not sure there’s anything more special and delicious at Christmastime than a beautiful, perfectly cooked piece of roast.
Roast Beef Tenderloin with Red Wine & Shallot Sauce. “I made this for Christmas dinner and it was devoured and loved by all. The beef was melt-in-your-mouth tender and I could have eaten a bowl of the sauce all by itself. This one is a keeper!” -Brenda Morris.
- Smoked Salmon Crostini. Smoked salmon crostini is a fantastic appetizer at Christmas .
- Spinach and Artichoke Dip. This warm dip is a great option to occupy your guests’ appetites while .
- Duck Liver Pâté. Duck liver pâté is an elegant addition to your holiday table, and its richness and .
- Cheese Ball with Pecans. Cheddar and cream cheese are the base for this decorative – and tasty – .
- Cranberry Brie Bites. Bite-sized Brie and cranberry puffs are wonderful appetizers for your parties, .
- Prime Rib Roast. Serving prime rib is such a treat for your guests, and that’s why nailing the right .
- Roasted Rack of Lamb. Roasted rack of lamb makes a stunning presentation on your holiday table .
- Goose Roast. Bring to life the world of Charles Dickens by making roast goose, as was the tradition .
- Southern Pot Roast. Pot roast is a wonderful way to enjoy the rich and savory flavors of low-and .
- Honey-Glazed Ham. If you want a stunning Christmas dinner centerpiece, this classic honey-glazed .
Sage-Crusted Leg of Lamb with Pineapple-Pecan Salsa. Credit: Oxmoor House. Bring out your best traditional Christmas dinner menu when you host the big holiday meal. From beef tenderloin to traditional ham, check out our favorite menus for Christmas dinner and use this collection to inspire your next holiday meal.
Tips for cooking Christmas dinner
- 1 Cook your veg with your turkey. Forget balancing pots and pans on the hob filled with veg, roast …
- 2 Pre-make your cranberry sauce in advance. For Gary Usher, the man behind restaurants such as …
- 4 Don’t panic, and prepare as much as possible. It’s not about shortcuts, according to Joe Wright, …
- 5 Roast your chestnuts beforehand. Chestnuts are a great addition to a Christmas feast, particularly …
- 6 Cook your turkey overnight. We love a slow cooker roast chicken, so a slow-cook turkey sounds …
- 7 Do EVERYTHING the night before. Forget even cooking on Christmas Day, and try and do most of …
- 8 Don’t boil your veg. It might seem like the simplest thing to do, but Tom Cenci, Executive Chef at …
- 9 Buy a turkey crown. I always choose to cook a turkey crown rather than the whole bird. It needs a …
- 10 Don’t save time. Despite every effort to time save, Orson Vergnaud from Le Pont de la Tour …
What can you prepare in advance for Christmas dinner? First thing in the morning I put the turkey on and put little sausages all around it and bacon on top, then DH has the sausages and bacon for breakfast but they give the turkey a bit more flavor too. Why christmas dinner?.
Make-Ahead Creamy Potatoes. For the holidays, I usually serve the traditional foods with a new spin or two on family favorites. I put together these creamy potatoes the night before and simply bake the day of to save precious holiday time. —Wendy Ball, Battle Creek, Michigan.
If you want to make a dish that requires minimal effort so you can focus on all the other things, wait until you try this super simple and delicious crockpot pork loin. Cranberry Crockpot Pork Loin by Bricks ‘n Blooms For the side dish. My good friend Jen never disappoints with her dishes. And this one looks amazing for Christmas dinner and.
How to get ahead with cooking Christmas dinner | Metro News
- Potatoes. Save yourself the time peeling all the spuds on Christmas day by doing it now, parboiling …
- Yorkshire puddings. Their inclusion on a Christmas dinner might be controversial but if you are in …
- Gravy. You can make homemade gravy ahead of time. It will keep in the fridge for a few days or can …
- Parsnips. Like roast potatoes, you can peel and chop parsnips ahead of time. Put them in a pan of …
- Cauliflower cheese. Again not everyone is a fan of this on their Christmas dinner plate but it’s easy …
- Cranberry sauce. If you prefer to make your own cranberry sauce and avoid the stuff in a jar, …
- Make & mature Christmas cake.
- Easy mince pies. Nothing says Christmas like a freshly-baked mince pie, and these pretty pastries .
- Golden roast potatoes. Don’t spend time peeling potatoes on Christmas morning – this hearty side .
- Super-simple cranberry sauce. Tasty trimmings make all the difference with your roast. This classic .
- Best ever Yorkshire puddings. Don’t disappoint with droopy Yorkies – get a perfect rise with our light .
- Pigs in blankets with a twist. Turkey beware – this meaty side-dish might just steal the show! Give .
- Make-ahead gravy. Homemade gravy beats shop-bought sauce no matter the time of year – and on .
- Spiced red cabbage. Inject some vibrant colour and fruity flavour into your Christmas Day dinner .
- Chestnut & cranberry stuffing. This sausage stuffing is packed with festive flavours, combining .
- Butterscotch Christmas pudding. Finish your feast the traditional way with a fruit-filled steamed pud, .
We thought we’d introduce you to a Christmas dinner idea that includes pork tenderloin and sour sauce. For this recipe you need 200g of pork tenderloin, whic.
Use Parmesan and any fresh herbs you have on hand for this roasted cauliflower dish. While parsley, tarragon, and thyme make a nice combination, you can also try sage, chives, and rosemary for this holiday-perfect recipe. Butter-Pecan Mashed Sweet Potatoes.
8 simple tips for a stress
- Organisation! This is number one on our list, and the most important tip of all. In the days leading up .
- Brine your Turkey on Christmas Eve: As turkey is a lean meat, it can become dry quite quickly, so Ian .
- Have you got the right equipment for the job? Make sure you’ve got plenty of oven trays, pots and .
- Prep your veg the night before: Peel potatoes, carrots, parsnips and any other veg you’re having and .
- Get your timings for the big day sorted: Plan exactly how long everything takes to cook and make .
- Keep it fun, get the family involved: Christmas is all about seeing family and friends, and enjoying .
- Buy a Christmas Pudding to cook in the microwave: By doing this you’ll save over an hour, as .
- Wash as you go: If like us, when you cook a roast dinner you use every pot, pan and utensil in sight, .
- Get the recipe for Pepper-Crusted Prime Rib »
- Get the recipe for Glazed Green Beans »
- Get the recipe for Easy Vegetarian Lasagna With Spinach and Broccoli »
- Get the recipe for Eggnog »
- Get the recipe for Beef Wellington »
- Get the recipe for Creamy One-Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes »
- Get the recipe for Vegetable Torte »
- Get the recipe for Mint Chocolate Cookie Dough »
- Get the recipe for Mary Pickford »
- Get the recipe for Pineapple-Glazed Ham »
- Classic Beef Wellington. Beef Wellington was named after the Duke of Wellington in 1851 and has .
- Roast Rib of Beef for Christmas Dinner. Roast beef is one of Britain’s national dishes and the major .
- Baked Glazed Ham. A British Christmas is not Christmas without a baked ham. Apart from on the .
- Ballontine of Goose Recipe. Long before the turkey became the bird of choice for the Christmas .
- Christmas Roast Pork With Crackling. In times gone by most rural or farming households in Britain .
- Buttery Roast Chicken. For its simplicity of both cooking and flavor, a buttery roast chicken is .
- Jammy Upside-Down Onion Tart (50 minutes) Pair this easy-yet-elegant tart with a big green salad .
- Strip Steak with Harissa Butter and Parsley Salad (20 minutes) Skip the steakhouse and make it at .
- Sausage and Fennel Pasta (25 minutes) You can thank the Italian sausage for infusing the dish with .
- Baked Ginger and Lemon Chicken (1 hour) Ooh, this flavor combination is so cozy. Bonus, you can .
- Antoni Porowski’s Lazy Pierogi with Wild Mushrooms, Cabbage and Prunes (35 minutes) Just .
- Sheet Pan Cashew Chicken (35 minutes) Consider this a lesson in how to sheet pan: The vegetables .
- Rigatoni with Vodka Sauce (30 minutes) FYI, a deeply flavorful and creamy vodka sauce isn’t .
- Spiced Lamb Meatball and Escarole Soup (45 minutes) This soup tastes like a million bucks—it was .
- Sheet Pan Tomato Basil Gnocchi (35 minutes) When baked on a sheet pan, store-bought gnocchi .
- Caramelized Mushroom Pasta with Crispy Prosciutto (30 minutes) This dish will convert even the .
I Got 2021 Black Friday Plans; Trying to Make it to
So I got a brilliant idea to help my girl and I to have a wonderful Christmas dinner by going in a back way to Black Friday.https://www.tiktok.com/bobblekama.
As one of the main essentials for christmas dinner, you want to make sure you do it justice. Wrapping it in foil and covering will not only improve the taste and texture, it will also free up cooking space, essential if you’re cooking the lot in one oven. Even if you don’t need the space, you should let a turkey rest for at least 20 minutes.
- Christmas pudding and mince pies. Christmas puddings, of course, can be made now and kept in a …
- Chocolate roulade. For Christmas pudding-hating guests, I make a sumptuous chocolate roulade – …
- Trimmings. Parboil potatoes (to roast) for five minutes, drain and cool. Freeze when cold. You can…