Welcome to Dollywood Insiders! D ollywood Insiders is a panel of folks who love all things Dollywood and enjoy sharing their knowledge of our theme park, water park, resort and cabins. They will reveal their favorite spots, how to pack for a Dollywood trip, tips on getting the best value and more! Read their biographies and look for their words of advice throughout the year.
- Pick Up a TimeSaver Pass. Lines for tickets can be long, so you’ll definitely want to pick yours up .
- Take the Trolley. It’s easy to avoid the drive to Dollywood and the steep parking fees when you take .
- Early Saturday Arrival. If you are staying at Dreammore Dollywood Resort or are a Season Pass .
- Learn the Lay of the Land. To fit in as much fun as possible at Dollywood, you’re going to want to get .
- Get the App. Before the big day, take a minute to download the Dollywood app. Not only does this .
- Check the Show Schedule. As much fun as it is riding the rides and exploring the park, your group .
- Plan Your Trip Around an Event. Dollywood is always fun, but it’s even more exciting when there’s an .
- Stay hydrated! Take advantage of Dollywood’s refillable mugs, and make sure to drink plenty of …
- Use the app! This is the simplest way to make the most of your day. You can check ride wait times, …
- Avoid Pigeon Forge traffic. During peak hours, traffic in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg can steal tiny .
- Get free parking at Dollywood. The whole building-upon-an-already-existing site was great except for .
- Plan ahead for a lot of walking. Look, many amusement parks have the good luck and/or foresight .
- Take advantage of the free water at Dollywood. If you’re at Dollywood, there’s a good chance it’s hot .
- Purchase refillable mugs and snacks. Dollywood is a family-centric park. They also understand how .
- Have your kids measured at the park entrance. This little nugget is a huge time-saver. If you have .
- Skip the lockers, use the cubbies. There’s a reason Dollywood is known as the “Friendliest Park in .
- See Dolly at Dollywood. This is the big one. Dolly will occasionally make appearances at the park to .
- See Dolly in the wild (incognito) at Dollywood. Over the years, I have become friendly with several .
- Take Advantage of Dollywood’s Ticket Options. Dollywood offers a variety of ticket options that .
- Arrive At Least 30 Minutes Prior to Opening. One of the common mistakes that people make when .
- Purchase the TimeSaver Line Management Pass. If you are visiting Dollywood on a weekend day or .
- Consider Buying a Season Pass. If you plan to spend at least two full days in the park during your .
Check Out These 4 Awesome Dollywood Insider Tips for
Dollywood Insiders is a great resource! In this video I share more information about getting your children measured, finding family restrooms, areas little ones love and a few other tips. My family has really enjoyed making memories at Dollywood, and we hope your family will as well! Dollywood Mom Tips from Dollywood Parks & Resorts on Vimeo.
AVOID PARKING FEES. Take the trolley. At the Dollywood parks, a standard vehicles costs $12 to park, and oversized vehicles cost $18. You can easily save that money by parking your car for free at Patriot Park in Pigeon Forge and catching a ride on the Pigeon Forge trolley.
- Take the Trolley. Save on parking at Dollywood by using this special tip! At a cost of $10, Dollywood .
- Arrive Early. The early bird gets to be first in line at Dollywood! Arriving when the park opens at 10 .
- Visit on a Lighter Day. Spring and Winter are less visited seasons at Dollywood. Generally, you’ll find .
- Q2Q Line Saver. If you are visiting at a jam-packed day at Dollywood, you can purchase a “line-saver” .
- Stay Hydrated. Dollywood offers plenty of fountains and restaurants in the park that provide free .
- Eat Before You Go. Since Dollywood opens at 10 AM, there’s plenty of time to eat a hearty breakfast .
- Bring Shoes For Water Rides. Daredevil Falls, River Battle, and River Rampage are all fun water rides. .
- Do Not Resist the Cinnamon Bread. Rich, decadent, and better than your grandma’s recipe – these .
- Seasonal Coupon. In the summer, some McDonalds in Pigeon Forge have coupons when you .
- See a Show. As Dolly Parton’s signature creation, Dollywood has plenty of great music shows to .
- Download the Dollywood App. To maximize your time at the park, download Dollywood’s app .
- Go with H2O. We call get thirsty trekking through theme parks. Luckily at Dollywood, they realize this .
- Don’t Pay to Park. I think we can all agree parking fees are kind of a bummer. Don’t start your day .
- Come Prepared. Carrying around a giant backpack loaded with supplies isn’t fun, but neither is .
- Skip the Lines. Dollywood can get busy. And, lines can get long. On those crowd-surging days, it’s a .
- Eat a Hearty Breakfast. Dollywood opens at 10:00 am, which means there’s plenty of time to eat .
- Take an Entertainment Break. The rush of the rides and running after kids can equal a much-needed .
- Bring Cash Over Cards. I seem to have a wallet of plastic, but never any cash. Remember to bring .
- Bring Your Own Stroller. If you’re traveling with kids, I advise bringing your own stroller. Renting one .
- Visit during Dollywood Festivals. A day at Dollywood is made even better if you’re visiting during a .
Dollywood, which is named after its co-owner and country superstar Dolly Parton, spans a scenic 150 acres in the foothills of the Smoky Mountains! This theme park provides the customer service and shows you might expect at Disney, but the thrill rides and prices you would expect at a Six Flags. Nearly three million annual visitors are attracted to Dollywood’s award-winning shows and three dozen rides.
Dollywood Vacation Planning Guide with Insider Tips
- Avoid the parking fees by riding the trolley! Just to park, standard vehicles cost $12 and oversized .
- Buy a season pass. If you want to visit Dollywood more than once in a single season, you’ll get the .
- Consider purchasing a Gold Pass. If you plan to visit Dollywood more than a time or two, you will .
- Choose water over soda. The best part–water is free! You can stop by any food or beverage stand in .
- Pack your own ponchos. Is it possible that it will rain for a little while during your trip to Dollywood? .
- Don’t forget zipper bags. One of the best Dollywood tips to date: zipper bags. Those small plastic .
- Bring your own camera. If you happen to forget your camera, disposable cameras can be purchased .
- Put sunscreen on before you arrive. If you have small children with you, and you’re visiting on a hot, .
- Avoid the lockers. Unless you have a bunch of items you don’t want to carry around with you all day, .
- Bring your own stroller. If you have small children, odds are, you have a stroller with you just about .
For every meal we keep two things in mind: 1) go a little early (lunch at 11 or 11:30 a.m. instead of waiting for a lunch rush or right at 5 p.m. for dinner), and 2) avoid dining when nearby shows are ending. I always keep an eye on the Dollywood app so I can see when shows near Aunt Granny’s are beginning; this is usually a good time to eat!.
Insider Tips for Young Families During Harvest Festival. Dollywood’s Harvest Festival featuring Great Pumpkin LumiNights is a big hit with kids. There are daytime and nighttime elements your little ones are sure to enjoy. In this video you will find some tips, tricks and maybe even some treats to help you make the most of your fall visit to Dollywood!.
Dollywood Resort patrons and season pass holders get 1-hour early entry each Saturday to enjoy one specific ride. Check the dates rides here. Once You’re in Dollywood Start Backward. I’m a stickler for rules, but this is one I’m willing to break. Enter the park and head left on Showstreet for the best Dollywood experience.
Due to the current coin shortage, please use one of the options below for any purchases at culinary locations inside the park during your visit. Round up to the next dollar to support Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library.*. Provide exact change. Pay with a debit or credit card.
Know Before You Go
- Arrive Early as Possible. One of the most important strategies to any theme park visit is to arrive as .
- Purchase the TimeSaver Pass. If you are visiting Dollywood on a weekend, holiday or other busy .
- Plan Your Day Around the Show Schedule. One of the highlights of Dollywood Theme Park is the .
Insider Tips Some leather strips in the barrel are too thin and have already been pressed with designs to be stylized any further. Have your bracelet made early in the day, when the craftsman may be less occupied and before he closes shop for the… This can make a great and meaningful gift (think.
Dollywood Insider is searching for 20 new expert panelists. Dollywood is searching for 20 brand experts to sit on their newest Dollywood Insider panel, sharing experiences and offering tips.
To ensure you don’t miss a moment of country magic, craftsmen demos, or down-home cooking, follow along with our insider tips and tricks to plan your Dollywood trip today! About the Park: Much like the legendary blonde herself, Dollywood has had a rich and storied history.
- Visit on a Weekday. Like most theme parks throughout the country, Dollywood is most crowded on .
- Arrive Early. If you have ever heard the phrase “the early bird gets the worm,” you can apply that .
- Pick Up a Show Schedule. Dollywood in Pigeon Forge TN has a variety of exciting festivals and .
- Purchase a TimeSaver Pass. If you have only one day to see and do everything that Dollywood has .
- Don’t Let Rain Spoil Your Day. If you happen to be going to Dollywood on a rainy day, this can .
5 Insider Tips on How to Get the Most Out of Your Visit to
Yes, there are some tickets and perks involved, but our Insiders are asked to attend events and write about their experiences. They are expected to pitch at least 10 ideas and how to execute as a written or video post. There is a content calendar and panelists are required to meet deadlines.
- Make sure you watch at least one show. I highly recommend them all!
- Visit during a festival. The food, décor and shows all change with each festival and they are all .
- Buy a season pass! If you plan to visit more than once, you want the pass! If you try to visit multiple .
- Have one person in your party upgrade to a Gold Pass. A gold pass gets you free parking and .
- Try the Cinnamon Bread! You can find it at the Grist Mill, at Spotlight Bakery and at DreamMore .
- Research your trip before you go! I highly recommend The Dollywood Insiders Blog or The Smoky .
- Ride the Train. It is a must-do for all members of your group.
- Take a left when you enter the park. The flow of traffic generally goes right, so be different and .
- Order your food ahead of time! Red’s Meal deal offers you the chance to order your food before you .
- Download the Dollywood app. The app offers a great interactive map, wait times for rides, the show .
THe best secret to Dollywood is the “after 3:00 p.m.. deal.” They don’t advertise this much, but it is the best way to savey money. If you enter Dollywood AFTER 3:00 p.m., then the next day is free. Just keep your receipt/Ticket. It is a great way to get a day and a half at Dollywood for the price of one day.
Dollywood Stampede is said to be the “most visited dinner attraction in the world.” Photo Credit: Kathie Sutin Dollywood Stampede Show. The show was nothing short of amazing. An HD video wall served as a backdrop and, with 2.5 million LEDs, the scenery changed the look and feel for each act.
Our Insider’s Guide to Dollywood outlines the areas of the park with tips and tricks on how to make the best of your visit to Pigeon Forge’s #1 Attraction! Showstreet. Showstreet is located at the entrance of Dollywood and is all about bright lights, street performers, and classic country shows.