Just cut ripe yet firm pears into wedges and toss with some lemon juice to prevent them from browning. Lay a slice of pear, a piece of arugula, and a piece of blue cheese on a strip of prosciutto, then roll it up. Secure with a toothpick if necessary for the perfect two-bite hors d’oeuvre .
These are the top-rated main dish and side dish recipes you need for a perfect traditional Christmas dinner. They cover the savory side of Christmas dinner, from prime rib, baked ham, and roast turkey to scalloped potatoes, green bean casserole, and cranberry sauce.
There’s nothing better than a traditional Christmas complete with traditional Christmas dinner recipes. Paula Deen has 15 traditional Christmas recipes covering everything, including dinner, sides, desserts, and even something special for Christmas morning.
There’s mashed potatoes, and then there’s scalloped potatoes — sliced potatoes drenched in cream and cheeses and baked until tender at the center and just crispy at the edges. Since it’s a popular steakhouse side, it would be fantastic with your Christmas prime rib roast. 7 of 10. View All.
- Smoked Salmon Crostini. Smoked salmon crostini is a fantastic appetizer at .
- Spinach and Artichoke Dip. This warm dip is a great option to occupy your guests’ .
- Duck Liver Pâté. Duck liver pâté is an elegant addition to your holiday table, and its .
- Cheese Ball with Pecans. Cheddar and cream cheese are the base for this .
- Cranberry Brie Bites. Bite-sized Brie and cranberry puffs are wonderful appetizers .
- Prime Rib Roast. Serving prime rib is such a treat for your guests, and that’s why .
- Roasted Rack of Lamb. Roasted rack of lamb makes a stunning presentation on .
- Goose Roast. Bring to life the world of Charles Dickens by making roast goose, as .
- Southern Pot Roast. Pot roast is a wonderful way to enjoy the rich and savory .
- Honey-Glazed Ham. If you want a stunning Christmas dinner centerpiece, this .
52 Classic Dishes to Add to Your Christmas Dinner Menu
When we think of the traditional Christmas feast, mostly we think of three main dishes: Turkey, prime rib, and ham. As the star of the show, each main dish requires a supporting cast that complements their particular flavor profile.
Sage-Crusted Leg of Lamb with Pineapple-Pecan Salsa. Credit: Oxmoor House. Bring out your best traditional Christmas dinner menu when you host the big holiday meal. From beef tenderloin to traditional ham, check out our favorite menus for Christmas dinner and use this collection to inspire your next holiday meal..
From appetizers (like this Traditional Christmas Cheese Ball ), to main courses (this Easy Slow Cooker Ham comes together without the fuss that is typically associated with holiday hams), to desserts (your Christmas table wouldn’t be complete without a classic Pumpkin Pie ), simplify your meal with our 25 best easy Christmas dinner menu ideas.
- Great Britain. Possibly considered the most quintessential of all Christmas meals is the spread .
- Germany. Since Santa Claus is from Germany, it’s a little disturbing to find venison on the Christmas .
- Italy. While most of Europe and America are noshing on juicy oven-roasted meats, Italy looks to the .
- Israel. While Israel‘s Christmas dinners can feature a Middle Eastern variation of the roasted turkey .
- Fiji. Even the tiny and remote island of Fiji has its own unique way of dressing the Christmas table .
- France. Like Italy, France chooses to look beyond land for most of its traditional Christmas dishes. .
- Cuba. While Cuba has been accused of having some not-so-great food, we think the country’s .
- Japan. Okay, so this one’s totally unexpected — but also totally (and weirdly) true. We found out .
- Trinidad and Tobago. If you wish you could stuff your face with over 12 days of Christmas dinner, .
- Iceland. We are totally on board with Iceland‘s decision to include smoked lamb leg on the country’s .
- Ham, Cheese, and Chorizo Appetizer With Bread. A simple tapa that you can throw together at the .
- Spanish Omelet (Tortilla Española) Called a tortilla de patata in Spain, this thick Spanish omelet is .
- Fried Squid (Calamares a la Romana) Fried squid, also known as calamari, is also popular in .
- Ham Croquettes (Croquetas de Jamón) Croquetas de jamón (cured ham croquettes) are individually .
- Spanish Salad (Ensalada Mixta) A colorful and flavorful Spanish salad is a classic first course to a .
- Spanish Garlic Shrimp (Gambas al Ajillo) Spanish Garlic Shrimp (Gambas al ajillo) is another popular .
- Spanish Fish and Shellfish Soup (Sopa de Pescado y Marisco) A hearty Spanish fish and shellfish .
- Paella. Paella is a classic Spanish dish that’s perfect for the holidays—you can customize the .
- Spanish Roast Lamb (Cordero Asado or Lechazo) For a show-stopping Christmas centerpiece, make .
- Patatas Bravas. No Spanish holiday feast would be complete without patatas bravas. Crispy fried .
Christmas Dinner Extravaganza 101 Photos. Wow the crowd at the holiday dinner with our special recipes. Check out Ina’s rib roast with mustard and horseradish sauce. For Perfect Holidays. Best.
- Cranberry Cocktail Meatballs. These cranberry cocktail meatballs make a fabulous appetizer at .
- Marsala Stuffed Mushrooms. Marsala stuffed mushrooms are a delicious, savory appetizer that is .
- Deep-Fried Camembert With Cranberry Sauce. Christmas and cranberries go together like Santa and .
- Christmas Goose. Dine on the same meal that Scrooge and the Cratchit family enjoyed in the .
- Honey Glazed Ham. For your Christmas dinner, this mouthwatering recipe for honey glazed ham is .
- Toffee Eggnog. Eggnog is a Christmas holiday essential. The sweet taste of toffee is the perfect .
- Easy Rum Eggnog. Sometimes, you just want a classic. Unlike the recipe above, this rum eggnog .
- Herb-Roasted Turkey. The scent of turkey roasting in the oven is a lovely and traditional way to .
- Easy Classic Beef Wellington. Make it an extra-elegant celebration when you serve easy classic beef .
- Perfect Pheasant. Pheasant is a game bird that’s traditionally enjoyed at Christmas time. Fancy to .
Ahh, Christmas food.We’ve got enough classic recipes to fill a book, and we know everyone’s got their favorites: prime rib, rolls, gingerbread cookies.And your favorite might just be.
Preheat oven to 325°. Fit a roasting pan with a wire rack. Pour the water in the pan with the star anise and cloves. Put the ham on the wire rack and bake for 20 minutes. In a bowl, mix the brown sugar, dijon, honey, vinegar, Worcestershire and black pepper together until fully combined.
Traditional Christmas Eve dinner ideas and recipes
Broccoli Rabe with Tuscan Crumbs. With seasoned bread crumbs, cheese and currants, our recipe specialists turn basic broccoli rabe into a more special side. Serve it with a variety of entrees. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Go to Recipe.
- Christmas Tree Spinach Dip Breadsticks. Christmas tree spinach dip breadsticks are one of my .
- Brussel Sprouts Casserole. Brussels sprouts casserole recipe made with only 7 ingredients and .
- Roasted Mushroom In A Browned Butter, Garlic, Thyme Sauce. Roasted mushroom with browned .
- Crockpot Cranberry Meatballs. With cranberry and other ingredients makes a tasty and amazing .
- Brown Sugar Dijon Glazed Pork Loin. Brown sugar dijon glazed pork loin is juicy on inside and crispy .
- Sausage Balls. Sausage balls are made with cheddar cheese, bisquick and seasonings, and are .
- Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus. This garlic butter prosciutto wrapped asparagus are easy to make, .
- Honey Glazed Hasselback Butternut Squash. Honey glazed hasselback butternut squash is a .
- Cranberry Almond Spinach Salad. Cranberry almond spinach salad is so healthy, delicious, and a .
- Sausage Stuffing Balls. Sausage stuffing balls are so amazing snacks or appetizers or side dishes .
Rosy, incredibly tender and perfectly seasoned meat stuffed with all the quintessential Christmas roast sides — garlicky spinach, sauteed mushrooms and cubed buttery brioche. Butterflying the.
Italian savory crepes, known as crespelle, are filled and baked in a béchamel sauce and traditionally served as a main dish on special occasions, including Christmas. In this version, the homemade crepes are filled with a vegetarian spinach and ricotta mixture, but you can easily vary the filling. 4 of 16. View All.
Stocking smoked salmon in your fridge is a wise choice at Christmas. Make a canapé classic of salmon & herb blinis, which you can rustle up in less than 20 minutes using four ingredients. Smoked salmon with horseradish crème fraîche & beetroot. Smoked salmon pâté with tear & share brioche buns.
Traditional Christmas dinner menu
Though, in northern regions of the country, you’ll find yiaprakia (brined pork stuffed cabbage rolls) on the table. On Christmas Eve, it’s a Greek tradition to make Christopsomo, a rustic sweetbread filled with raisins, nuts, cardamom and cloves.
It contains satisfying menus in which sweet touches have special prominence in savory Christmas dishes. At this time, being the most traditional duck and turkey, hunting pieces also have their privileged place. You may also like Christmas Budget Template. Recently, in the Christmas season, fish has also gained ground. Moreover, the pasta and.
When it comes to the holidays, we jingle all the way for Christmas. With traditional Christmas recipes ranging from appetizers to dinner to dessert, entertaining ideas and Christmas cookie recipes galore, we’ve got everything you need to make merry.
Easy Christmas dinner menu: soul food desserts. The same classic Southern soul food desserts – with a new contemporary twist! From Black folks banana pudding and Instant Pot banana pudding made from scratch. Strawberry pretzel salad – also known as strawberry pretzel pie.. Here’s a list of Black folks’ easy Christmas dinner menu favorite desserts.