Serve a traditional Christmas dinner menu filled with classic dishes, including smoked salmon starters, roast turkey with all the trimmings and Christmas pudding.
- Smoked Salmon Crostini. Smoked salmon crostini is a fantastic appetizer at .
- Spinach and Artichoke Dip. This warm dip is a great option to occupy your guests’ .
- Duck Liver Pâté. Duck liver pâté is an elegant addition to your holiday table, and its .
- Cheese Ball with Pecans. Cheddar and cream cheese are the base for this .
- Cranberry Brie Bites. Bite-sized Brie and cranberry puffs are wonderful appetizers .
- Prime Rib Roast. Serving prime rib is such a treat for your guests, and that’s why .
- Roasted Rack of Lamb. Roasted rack of lamb makes a stunning presentation on .
- Goose Roast. Bring to life the world of Charles Dickens by making roast goose, as .
- Southern Pot Roast. Pot roast is a wonderful way to enjoy the rich and savory .
- Honey-Glazed Ham. If you want a stunning Christmas dinner centerpiece, this .
Serve a traditional Christmas dinner menu filled with classic dishes, including smoked salmon starters, roast turkey with all the trimmings and Christmas pudding. We’re all for breaking with convention and trying something new on special occasions, but sometimes only classic dishes will do on Christmas Day.
The basic American Christmas dinner is British in origin: roasted root vegetables as a side dish, mashed potatoes, gravy, and the centerpiece being a stuffed roasted fowl. In the South, an area that has a very high concentration of people of UK extraction from centuries past, Christmas is the time of year in which many variations on a country ham or Christmas ham get served.
Create the Perfect Traditional Christmas Dinner | Allrecipes
turkey on a Christmas table with red wine, corn, mashed potatoes. Credit: LauriPatterson / Getty Images. ‘Tis the season for feasting. And we’re here to help you plan the perfect traditional Christmas dinner menu – with a standout main dish and a supporting cast of all-star sides that truly complement the meal.
Sage-Crusted Leg of Lamb with Pineapple-Pecan Salsa. Credit: Oxmoor House. Bring out your best traditional Christmas dinner menu when you host the big holiday meal. From beef tenderloin to traditional ham, check out our favorite menus for Christmas dinner and use this collection to inspire your next holiday meal.
And, when it comes to the ultimate holiday gathering, Christmas dinner takes top priority. That’s why we’re helping you to plan the perfect Christmas dinner menu. Here, you’ll find classic Christmas recipes, holiday appetizers, sides, and Christmas drinks.
Each traditional Christmas dinner menu features a main course—including ham, turkey, beef, and vegetarian options—paired with two or three side dishes, desserts, or drinks to jump-start your Christmas or Christmas Eve dinner menu planning.
Traditional French Christmas Dinner
The traditional Christmas dinner starts on Christmas Eve at dinner time. Most French households have a copious Christmas Eve dinner which traditionally may includes what we call the 13 desserts de Noël (the 13 Christmas desserts). Other foods served on Christmas Eve may include shrimps, find patés, foie gras (fatten goose liver paté), ousters, chocolate bouchées and other canapés.
- Yorkshire Pudding. Your family might be surprised to find out that Yorkshire .
- Leek and Potato Soup. This simple and festive soup will start your meal off right .
- Scottish Smoked Salmon and Dill Sauce. Start with a fresh Scottish smoked salmon .
- Roast Beef. When you’re throwing a traditional Sunday roast for Christmas, you’ve .
- English Trifle. The combination of fruit, sponge cake, whipped cream, pudding, and .
- Roasted Parsnips. If you’ve never tried roasted parsnips, you’re in for a treat. When .
- Prawn Cocktail. It hardly gets easier than a fresh prawn cocktail, which is not only a .
- Succulent Pigs in a Blanket. If you don’t serve pigs in a blanket, also known as .
- Mashed Potatoes. Roast beef goes perfectly with these creamy mashed potatoes. .
- Crispy Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Bacon. Haven’t had enough meat yet? Toss .
Incorporate butternut squash or pumpkin in this creamy soup that makes for a hearty starter for your traditional Christmas dinner. To cut down on day-of stress, prepare it up to two days in advance, reheat just before dinner, and add the finishing touch: a dollop of cream.
A classic British Christmas dinner is the highlight of the year. Every Christmas celebration features a few standards: Crackers filled with silly gifts, a tray of dates, bowls of nuts and oranges, and of course, the Queen’s annual address. Throw a proper English celebration with.
What’s in a Traditional English Christmas Dinner?
- Turkey. This one is probably one of the most popular dishes at Christmas because it is usually the .
- Roast Potatoes. There is nothing like scoop of properly roasted potatoes! These are often cut into .
- Stuffing. Stuffing is another dish that can vary from region to region. Interestingly, in North America, .
- Pigs in Blankets. Pigs in blankets are another quintessentially British part of Christmas dinner! .
- Yorkshire Pudding. Yorkshire pudding originates from England, and is made from a batter that .
- Gravy. Gravy is actually a type of sauce that comes from the drippings of the turkey when it is .
- Cranberry Sauce. Cranberry sauce is another type of sauce that is made from, yes: cranberries! .
- Brussel Sprouts. This polarizing vegetable is a key part of a traditional British Christmas dinner. .
- Christmas Pudding. Christmas pudding is a dessert that is made from dried fruit and is normally .
- Mince Pies. Mince pies are tiny pies that are filled with fruits such as raisins, cranberries, and .
With this irresistible list of family-approved classics, we’ve got Christmas dinner covered. Here are our top picks to round out your holiday spread — drinks, apps, sides, entrees, and desserts.
From sausage ball appetizers to a delicious glazed ham to a classic pecan pie and everything in between, keep reading for 15 classic Southern Christmas recipes. Classic Southern Christmas Recipes. Butternut Squash Pasta Is Our Favorite Fall Recipe.
- Pasta – especially ravioli, tortellini, lasagne,
- Chocolate – chocolate-covered fruits, chocolate bonbons or truffles,
- Meat – veal and lamb,
Traditional american christmas dinner menu
Dishes like Roast Pork, Glazed Ham, Roast Angus Beef, Steak pie, Roast Leg of Lamb are also served at the Christmas dining table. For dessert, the most traditional is the Christmas pudding, usually served with brandy sauce cream.
In Italy, Christmas Eve dinner is traditionally lighter with no meat and a lot of seafood, while the Italian-American meal has evolved into much more of a feast. Bring on the sword fish, tuna, salmon, octopus salad, smelts, calamari, spaghetti with clam sauce and the famous Italian classic—salted cod, known as baccalà.
Preheat oven to 325°. Fit a roasting pan with a wire rack. Pour the water in the pan with the star anise and cloves. Put the ham on the wire rack and bake for 20 minutes. In a bowl, mix the brown sugar, dijon, honey, vinegar, Worcestershire and black pepper together until fully combined.
Stuffed Standing Rib Roast. This roast is everything we love about the holiday. Rosy, incredibly tender and perfectly seasoned meat stuffed with all the quintessential Christmas roast sides.
Traditional mexican christmas dinner menu
Traditional Christmas dinner features turkey with stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, and vegetables such as carrots, turnip, parsnips, etc. Other types of poultry, roast beef, or ham are also used. For dessert, pumpkin or apple pie, raisin pudding, Christmas pudding, or fruitcake are the staple.
But if you want to go all out, here are some delicious dishes you can include in your traditional Italian Christmas dinner menu: Primi. Ravioli Stuffed with Artichokes and Pancetta – you can follow up your appetizer with these ravioli. Spicy goat’s cheese contrasts well against the salt of the pancetta and artichoke.