A traditional Christmas Day meal often consists of roast turkey or goose with squash, turnips, potatoes and cranberry sauce as a main course and mince pies or plum pudding for dessert. However, people may eat dishes as diverse as clam chowder, spiced chicken wings or traditional food from the wide range…
There’s mashed potatoes, and then there’s scalloped potatoes — sliced potatoes drenched in cream and cheeses and baked until tender at the center and just crispy at the edges. Since it’s a popular steakhouse side, it would be fantastic with your Christmas prime rib roast. 7 of 10. View All.
Each traditional Christmas dinner menu features a main course—including ham, turkey, beef, and vegetarian options—paired with two or three side dishes, desserts, or drinks to jump-start your Christmas or Christmas Eve dinner menu planning. No matter which you choose, guests are sure to love one of these delectable Christmas dinner menu ideas.
- Smoked Salmon Crostini. Smoked salmon crostini is a fantastic appetizer at .
- Spinach and Artichoke Dip. This warm dip is a great option to occupy your guests’ .
- Duck Liver Pâté. Duck liver pâté is an elegant addition to your holiday table, and its .
- Cheese Ball with Pecans. Cheddar and cream cheese are the base for this .
- Cranberry Brie Bites. Bite-sized Brie and cranberry puffs are wonderful appetizers .
- Prime Rib Roast. Serving prime rib is such a treat for your guests, and that’s why .
- Roasted Rack of Lamb. Roasted rack of lamb makes a stunning presentation on .
- Goose Roast. Bring to life the world of Charles Dickens by making roast goose, as .
- Southern Pot Roast. Pot roast is a wonderful way to enjoy the rich and savory .
- Honey-Glazed Ham. If you want a stunning Christmas dinner centerpiece, this .
- Cranberry Cocktail Meatballs. These cranberry cocktail meatballs make a fabulous appetizer at .
- Marsala Stuffed Mushrooms. Marsala stuffed mushrooms are a delicious, savory appetizer that is .
- Deep-Fried Camembert With Cranberry Sauce. Christmas and cranberries go together like Santa and .
- Christmas Goose. Dine on the same meal that Scrooge and the Cratchit family enjoyed in the .
- Honey Glazed Ham. For your Christmas dinner, this mouthwatering recipe for honey glazed ham is .
- Toffee Eggnog. Eggnog is a Christmas holiday essential. The sweet taste of toffee is the perfect .
- Easy Rum Eggnog. Sometimes, you just want a classic. Unlike the recipe above, this rum eggnog .
- Herb-Roasted Turkey. The scent of turkey roasting in the oven is a lovely and traditional way to .
- Easy Classic Beef Wellington. Make it an extra-elegant celebration when you serve easy classic beef .
- Perfect Pheasant. Pheasant is a game bird that’s traditionally enjoyed at Christmas time. Fancy to .
Sage-Crusted Leg of Lamb with Pineapple-Pecan Salsa. Credit: Oxmoor House. Bring out your best traditional Christmas dinner menu when you host the big holiday meal. From beef tenderloin to traditional ham, check out our favorite menus for Christmas dinner and use this collection to inspire your next holiday meal..
It’s basically everything you need for a festive evening of fun—along with your Christmas tunes and glistening tree. To get you started, this list includes a variety of main courses, like citrus-brined turkey, Christmas hams, and Ree Drummond’s famous lasagna.
With this irresistible list of family-approved classics, we’ve got Christmas dinner covered. Here are our top picks to round out your holiday spread — drinks, apps, sides, entrees, and desserts.
Treat your guests to the ultimate comfort food Christmas feast. This menu includes classic holiday favorites like sweet potato casserole and pecan pie, with inventive spins on them. Each dish is packed with flavor and is sure to leave you in the best food coma ever.
There’s nothing better than a traditional Christmas complete with traditional Christmas dinner recipes. Paula Deen has 15 traditional Christmas recipes covering everything, including dinner, sides, desserts, and even something special for Christmas morning.
15 Traditional Christmas Dinner Recipes
When we think of the traditional Christmas feast, mostly we think of three main dishes: Turkey, prime rib, and ham. As the star of the show, each main dish requires a supporting cast that complements their particular flavor profile.
- Classic Christmas menu. Keep things traditional with our classic Christmas menu, including pâté or …
- Vegetarian Christmas menu. Who needs meat when you have a spectacular array of festive veggie …
- Vegan Christmas menu. Following a vegan diet doesn’t mean restricting your Christmas menu. …
- Easiest ever Christmas dinner. Take away the stress of preparing festive meals with our simple yet …
- Last-minute Christmas dinner. Don’t have much time to spend prepping the Christmas dinner? This …
- Healthy Christmas menu. Christmas doesn’t have to be an excessively indulgent affair. If you’re …
- Gluten-free Christmas menu. Cook a delicious gluten-free Christmas lunch for family and friends. …
- Quick Christmas menu. Spend less time toiling in the kitchen and more time with your family and …
- Two-hour Christmas dinner menu. If time is very tight on Christmas Day or you’ve been given the …
- Christmas menu for a crowd. If you’re entertaining a crowd of eight people or more, fear not: we …
Classic Christmas Menu: Main Course Recipe: Cranberry Glazed Ham That show-stopping entree you’ve been hoping for is right here, and it only takes five ingredients to make. The sweet and tangy cranberry glaze pairs beautifully with succulent ham. —Joni Peterson, Wichita, Kansas.
Stocking smoked salmon in your fridge is a wise choice at Christmas. Make a canapé classic of salmon & herb blinis, which you can rustle up in less than 20 minutes using four ingredients. Smoked salmon with horseradish crème fraîche & beetroot. Smoked salmon pâté with tear & share brioche buns.
Christmas Dinner Extravaganza 101 Photos. Wow the crowd at the holiday dinner with our special recipes. Check out Ina’s rib roast with mustard and horseradish sauce. For Perfect Holidays. Best.
Christmas Dinner Recipes | Food Network
Serve a traditional Christmas dinner menu filled with classic dishes, including smoked salmon starters, roast turkey with all the trimmings and Christmas pudding. What do they do for Christmas dinner in England? A classic British Christmas dinner is the highlight of the year. Every Christmas celebration features a few standards: Crackers filled.
Traditional christmas dinner recipes if traditional is your cup of tea this holiday season try this elegant and very english menu by william and sonoma. From a traditional beef roast to a glazed ham french tourtiére and a golden turkey these holiday menus have. Of course there are other meats which fit the traditionalist category.
Spain. The Spanish don’t scrimp when it comes to Christmas dinner. A typical main meal includes roasted meat or fish and a few sides. To recreate a seafood and roast lamb dish, it’ll set you back £30 and take a whopping 6 hours. COST: £30. DISHES: Seafood and Roast Lamb. TIME TO COOK: 6.
“The Christmas dinner menu was probably made out days ago; mincemeat and plum pudding, perhaps, have been standing on the cupboard shelf for weeks; the butcher has the order for a goose or a turkey or a chicken, as the case may be, and even the vegetables are probably waiting in cellar or pantry to be cooked. But even after the Christmas dinner.
December 24, 2019. The delights include gourmet panettone, anolini in broth, a roast and a Yule Log cake. We hope this look at our traditional Christmas menu inspires you. These long-time favorites never get old. It’s the food we remember, the ones from our family traditions.
The Traditional Italian Christmas Menu
Virginia has oysters, ham pie, and fluffy biscuits, a nod to its English 17th century founders. The Upper Midwest includes dishes from predominantly Scandinavian backgrounds such as lutefisk and mashed rutabaga or turnip. In the southern US, rice is often served instead of potatoes, and on the Gulf Coast, shrimp and other seafood are usual appetizers, and Charlotte Russe chilled in a bed.
- Easy Christmas Dinner Ideas. Christmas dinner and Thanksgiving dinner are easily the two biggest …
- Whether you are looking for holiday menu ideas buffet style or southern Christmas dinner menu …
- 30 easy Christmas Dinner Ideas. Get your notepad ready and let’s start with these Christmas menu …
- What should I serve for Christmas dinner? From appetizers and main courses to desserts, you will …
- What can I make ahead for Christmas dinner? The good news is many of these Christmas dinner …
- Let’s get started with these easy Christmas dinner menu ideas!
- Cranberry Orange Meatballs. The cranberry combined with the orange make these meatballs tangy …
- Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball. Everything is better with bacon! This cheese ball is packed with flavor …
- BBQ Little Smokies. You just need 3 ingredients for this simple but amazing BBQ Little Smokies …
Dishes like Roast Pork, Glazed Ham, Roast Angus Beef, Steak pie, Roast Leg of Lamb are also served at the Christmas dining table. For dessert, the most traditional is the Christmas pudding, usually served with brandy sauce cream.
- Turkey. This one is probably one of the most popular dishes at Christmas because it is usually the .
- Roast Potatoes. There is nothing like scoop of properly roasted potatoes! These are often cut into .
- Stuffing. Stuffing is another dish that can vary from region to region. Interestingly, in North America, .
- Pigs in Blankets. Pigs in blankets are another quintessentially British part of Christmas dinner! .
- Yorkshire Pudding. Yorkshire pudding originates from England, and is made from a batter that .
- Gravy. Gravy is actually a type of sauce that comes from the drippings of the turkey when it is .
- Cranberry Sauce. Cranberry sauce is another type of sauce that is made from, yes: cranberries! .
- Brussel Sprouts. This polarizing vegetable is a key part of a traditional British Christmas dinner. .
- Christmas Pudding. Christmas pudding is a dessert that is made from dried fruit and is normally .
- Mince Pies. Mince pies are tiny pies that are filled with fruits such as raisins, cranberries, and .